Can O’ Silkworms

Gf33

Petco has been out of crickets for about two weeks now so I had to get my chameleon another type of food since she hadn’t eaten in a few days now. I got Can O’ Silkworms. Are these okay for chameleons? Are they nutritious at all?

Attachments

• D71FA83B-766B-46C8-A6D1-DD8AB163053F.jpeg
    D71FA83B-766B-46C8-A6D1-DD8AB163053F.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 69
  • 2E956694-5BFF-4134-ABFD-8EF7D00C41F1.jpeg
    2E956694-5BFF-4134-ABFD-8EF7D00C41F1.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 66
You should be feeding only live feeders to your chameleon. Buying online or going to the next town over is an option. If you buy online make sure you look at the shipping date before you purchase to ensure it isn't weeks out. Some places are on back order.
How old is your chameleon? Going a few days without eating won't kill them.

Petco has been out of crickets for about two weeks now so I had to get my chameleon another type of food since she hadn’t eaten in a few days now. I got Can O’ Silkworms. Are these okay for chameleons? Are they nutritious at all?

Just curious, have you ever seen your cham eat whatever that is in that can? I know mine won't eat anything that doesn't walk, he just ignores BSFL but loves to snag BSFs buzzing around him.

If it will eat them (might have to wiggle it with long blunt end tweezers) they might be OK for a snack or emergency but personally I would use live insects.

Yeah i definitely will not be using them as an everyday feeder. It was just an emergency purchase because i did not have anything else. She surprisingly ate them with no problem though.

Yeah i definitely will not be using them as an everyday feeder. It was just an emergency purchase because i did not have anything else. She surprisingly ate them with no problem though.
I would not feed any caned/dead insects in the future, you do not know what they were fed/if they were fed or how they were killed. You can start breeding roaches and keep fly larvae in the fridge, along with having superworms (they last forever) to help make sure you always have food available. Reputable online feeder companies have cheaper and healthier bugs, along with more variety, than Petco/PetSmart/etc. If you live out where you can catch wild feeders safely, that’s an option, as well!

Don’t give money to petco or pet smart. They abuse animals and should be shut down.

Back
Top Bottom