Can my chameleon bite kill me?

newchamfan

I hear their bite doesn't hurt too bad but I am scared of an infection? Is it possible that a cham bite can get infected and cause death?

I hear their bite doesn't hurt too bad but I am scared of an infection? Is it possible that a cham bite can get infected and cause death?
Nothing to be concerned about. With that being said, any time you handle your chameleon, you should wash your hands after. I would just wash my hands like normal. Their bites aren't going to get very deep. I wouldn't be worried at all, but like I said, definitely wash your hands.

Nothing to be concerned about. With that being said, any time you handle your chameleon, you should wash your hands after. I would just wash my hands like normal. Their bites aren't going to get very deep. I wouldn't be worried at all, but like I said, definitely wash your hands.
yeah i do wash my hands. my concern is their bite breaking skin and killing me from an infection.

yeah i do wash my hands. my concern is their bite breaking skin and killing me from an infection.
Yep, I understand. Their bite would barely break your skin, if at all. It can, but it would be so minimal, that if you simply wash your hands like normal, you should be good. It won't kill you. I would be more worried about Salmonella in general from handling than the actual bite tbh! And that doesn't remotely worry me.

A bite from pretty much any animal can cause infection if it is not cleaned out and treated properly. Chameleon bites can draw blood depending on how hell bent they are to latch on. So yes you could get an infection if it breaks the skin. But honestly again with any animal you have risk. Cat scratches are extremely nasty and can cause an infection.

But kill you??? I think this is reaching just a bit. I mean you would know if an animal bite was not healing right and you possibly had an infection that you needed to get treated for long before you died from it.

Back
Top Bottom