Can I use this reflector dome?

ItsMike64

Established Member
Hi again!

Just a quick question - do I bought an 8” Zilla reflector dome back when I was planning on getting a larger enclosure for a larger species. I have since decided to get a smaller species and rather than getting the 2x2x4 cage I got the 18x18x36 cage. Because of this the 8” dome is too big to fit with the uvb light and the light for the plants. A friend of mine has a hedgehog and has a 5” dome they use that they offered to swap with me. I don’t know exactly which one it is but I believe it’s fulkers brand. See attached pictures. And so you all know I will NOT use the light that’s inside the dome, that’s what they use for their hedgehog. I will be using a regular house light with whatever wattage helps achieve the proper basking temp. So would you say it’s safe for me to use the black dome?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 307A063F-2D8B-488B-BE6B-14021CD5E28C.jpeg
    307A063F-2D8B-488B-BE6B-14021CD5E28C.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 9C4A956F-AB12-4019-BE81-6F0751D5107F.jpeg
    9C4A956F-AB12-4019-BE81-6F0751D5107F.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 85
Hi again!

Just a quick question - do I bought an 8” Zilla reflector dome back when I was planning on getting a larger enclosure for a larger species. I have since decided to get a smaller species and rather than getting the 2x2x4 cage I got the 18x18x36 cage. Because of this the 8” dome is too big to fit with the uvb light and the light for the plants. A friend of mine has a hedgehog and has a 5” dome they use that they offered to swap with me. I don’t know exactly which one it is but I believe it’s fulkers brand. See attached pictures. And so you all know I will NOT use the light that’s inside the dome, that’s what they use for their hedgehog. I will be using a regular house light with whatever wattage helps achieve the proper basking temp. So would you say it’s safe for me to use the black dome?

Thank you!
A 5 inch will be perfect for that size enclosure.

A 5 inch will be perfect for that size enclosure.
Oh awesome! And the black one I showed in the pictures will be fine, given I use the correct wattage lightbulb? I'll likely just use a regular house bulb as long as it produces enough heat

Yes, because it has that white ceramic part on top that is safer and allows you to use a higher wattage bulb if needed. But also check inside, it should be imprinted with how many watts it is safe to use.

Back
Top Bottom