Can I have some advice?

CharlieCharmingo

Avid Member
Hi guys I need some advice. This is my chameleon tony. He is two years old. I've taken him to the vet multiple times because sometimes I think I hear a clicking or his limbs will be hanging off or will feel less strong. But every time we go he gets an okay for clear lungs.

Tony is still very active and and when I hold him in my hands his grip in his limbs feel strong at different moments/positions. But not always. While at the same time I still see him hang limbs off so I feel confused. They are not shaky or anything. However if you look inside his "hands" it seems like he has little bruises. I brought this up to the vet once and he thought maybe he hurt himself climbing around the house but they're still there not worse and not better so that's concerning too.

Then today while he was climbing around he climbed up my shirt and I was sitting in a position where he could see himself in the mirror when at shoulder height. So he flared up and while I was moving him out of sight I noticed this spot underneath his body in the chest area. It's clearly discolored and I tried to get as many pictures as he'd let me. In some pictures it looks blue and in some I think it looks black.

Clearly I'm taking him to the vet again but are these some type of symptoms or relate to some kind of ailment I can ask about? He also has like three small little knots on the back of his tail. They are not noticeable or anything you would only know they're there if you actively probe his body like I do to notice any changes.
The vet gave me medicine for this but they haven't seem to go away. That's another discussion, but I felt like if I mentioned all my concerns you'd be able to help with my issue.

IMG_7740.JPG
IMG_7741.JPG
IMG_7731.JPG
IMG_7734.JPG
IMG_7735.JPG
IMG_7737.JPG
IMG_7738.JPG
IMG_7739.JPG

Wish I could help with the marks showing up. One thing I can say though... Chameleons often hang their limbs at rest. Usually just 1 or 2 at a time and can quickly get grip and move if they want to. If he's hanging his feet sometimes, but otherwise walks fine it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Wish I could help with the marks showing up. One thing I can say though... Chameleons often hang their limbs at rest. Usually just 1 or 2 at a time and can quickly get grip and move if they want to. If he's hanging his feet sometimes, but otherwise walks fine it shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Oh I didn't know that thanks @jamest0o0 and @Matt Vanilla Gorilla (even though maybe I feel like you told me this before Matt in which case I'm sorry for your repetition being a reptile parent makes me paranoid). This just worried me because sometimes he doesn't keep his tail curled during the night so I felt worried/unsure.

Sorry for the late post guys it's been a hectic week. But this is his cage. The Temps in the morning are about sixty or high fifties if it's really cold. Overall the though cage stays at about an even seventy unless it's summer or the heater is on. Right now his humidity is at 64 before misting.
15207917617791312731795.jpg
15207917831312131602150.jpg
15207918157091176224729.jpg

This picture is just a picture because he's handsome and I couldnt stop myself. Also an update on the possibledge burn. After it was brought to my attention I do recall an incident recently where Tony was exploring and had managed to climb up on of my bearded cages via the light fixture. When I found him he was sitting right on top of it trying to get up to the next cage (he spends a great deal of time trying to either figure out how to climb my wall of pictures or tracking down that evil chameleon that lives in the mirror). So the burn could be from that. But it a no longer black looking. When he flares up though it is dark dark blue or like the darkest color on his body. His vet app is for Wednesday though anyway. Actually they all have vet apps now lol
1520791900323615332423.jpg

Back
Top Bottom