Can I feed this to my cham?

Zikush

Hi, this is probably a caterpillar of a moth called Pandesma robusta, it grew up in my garden in the mint leaves

IMG_5754.jpeg

Hi, this is probably a caterpillar of a moth called Pandesma robusta, it grew up in my garden in the mint leaves

View attachment 353646
Just my opinion, I will never purposely feed Spike any bug that I didn't purchase from a breeder.

While it seems 'natural' and harmless, the truth is it's a potential major risk. You don't know where that bug has been, and we're not in the forests of Madagascar (just one example lol). Where we live there are too many dangers with chemicals. And if your chameleon eats a bug that's been in contact with chemicals, it can possibly make your chameleon sick, or worse.

I just look at it as one of those things that are just an unnecessary risk. Give him a silkworm you've fed instead :)

I have to agree with not feeding it to your chameleon. Besides the reasons already given, some insects can be toxic, like ladybugs and fireflies. Even an insect that we do give to our chameleons, like hornworms are toxic when from the wild because of what they eat.

Back
Top Bottom