can i feed superworms every day?

so can i? i feed them alot because my cham reallly likes them!:p but i know mealworms are bad and can cause impaction but mealworms and superworms are very similar. so i was just wondering.

I think it's ok to feed them every day as long as you keep them to a minimum and make sure you gutload them very well. I'd say give him a couple while at the same time provide him with a variety of other feeders... Superworms look similar to mealworms but are not the same thing. Supers have a lot softer exoskeleton which is easier on your Cham's stomache and easier to digest. I'd still say to go with other feeders to give him the nutrition he needs. Hope I helped a little...:)

I think it's ok to feed them every day as long as you keep them to a minimum and make sure you gutload them very well. I'd say give him a couple while at the same time provide him with a variety of other feeders... Superworms look similar to mealworms but are not the same thing. Supers have a lot softer exoskeleton which is easier on your Cham's stomache and easier to digest. I'd still say to go with other feeders to give him the nutrition he needs. Hope I helped a little...:)

hey thanks:)

I agree I feed my panther cham superworms everyday. Superworms are his staple, I gut load them well and perform his normal dust regimen. Superworms are super easy to keep, don't die easily, and can be kept odorless!

I thought we were here to help one another no?:confused: Experience is knowledge.

I agree, I may not be an expert or have much experience but I help with whatever I can. This forum is here for us to learn from eachother... If you get tired of seeing the same question over and over again and don't want to take the time to help out, don't. ;) Carol, you are great and thank you for all of your help. :)

Super worms

Super worms are not like mealworms you can feed them asthe staple diet with no harm I do for all my beardies large enough and my chams that are big enough I gut load them as well. It has worked fine for me and have heard the same for others although it is good too offer variety I also feed all of mine mealwoms roaches and some times wax worms.

I agree with pssh it is possible to use them as a staple but you really shouldnt, its not a very diverse food choice and they are very hard if not impossible to dust with calcium therefor you need some other food source like crix or roaches to supply the extra nutrients. Also I like to add silk/horn worms on a regular basis to keep my chams hydrated, IMHO if your going to have a staple its gotta be crix or dubias but I prefer to keep a solid balance trying to be diverse and switch the feeders almost every feeding

They're fattier than most staples (crickets, and dubias), I wouldn't do it every day. Plus if they are large enough to eat supers, they are more than likely adults, in which case, they shouldn't be getting fed everyday.

Variety! I use butterworms, silkworms, hornworms, superworms, crickets, mealworms, dubia roaches, lateralis roaches, surinamensis roaches, butterflies, house and blue bottle flies, and more regularly to my chameleons.

They're fattier than most staples (crickets, and dubias), I wouldn't do it every day. Plus if they are large enough to eat supers, they are more than likely adults, in which case, they shouldn't be getting fed everyday.

You shouldn't feed adults daily? What's the reasoning behind this?

It makes them chub :) In the wild they do not get fed every day, and they do not need to be fed everyday. Plus they live longer if they are fed less.

Well, the basking temperature and many other factors play part in it as well. Babies that are grown slower (at a healthy rate) generally live longer/healthier lives than babies that grow extremely fast.

Well, the basking temperature and many other factors play part in it as well. Babies that are grown slower (at a healthy rate) generally live longer/healthier lives than babies that grow extremely fast.

so having a lower basking spot makes them grow a little slower? explain, this is great info.

Back
Top Bottom