Can Chameleons Swim????

Man now I’m curious, I’m gona have to see if they can swim for myself now ?
I do too but I'll probably be eaten alive by everybody here for stressing him out for no reason
I was going to note that there are other ways than "sink or swim" to ascertain that information...

Then...
I was totally joking ?
I figured that much. Wasn't so sure about Pablo, though... :rolleyes:
(I just don't know him well enough yet. :p )

I've always been under the impression that most four legged animals have the ability to swim, to some degree.
In general, this has been my impression as well. What I'm finding though is that the interweb (even google scholar) doesn't seem to be the place to get a definitive answer. ?‍♂️

And... now I've forgotten where I was going with this... ?‍♂️

Rats. :confused:

I figured that much. Wasn't so sure about @Pablo, though... :rolleyes:
(I just don't know him well enough yet. :p )
I wasn't completely joking, but I could just put him in slowly in water (while keeping my hand under him) and see if he swims, I'm not saying to just throw a cham in a bathtub and see what happens... In the name of science! Doesn't seem too bad when scientists shake branches with sleeping chams on them.

I was going to note that there are other ways than "sink or swim" to ascertain that information...

I actually have seen one of my past Furcifer pardais swim in my God Fathers Koi Pond. There was an island with tree's and my Ambanja was wanting to go to the other side. The Pardalis went without hesitation into the water and swam to the other side. I think chameleons do not have to worry about sinking. When they swim they inflate their lungs (that are huge for their size) and float. Then they swim similar to a snake with their tail and paddle with their arms in legs as seen in the video posted on this thread.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom