Can anyone explain this weirdness?

strawberryfielity

I usually feed my young veiled chameleon 10 crickets/day and she usally eats them all. This morning though, when I went to give her more crickets, I noticed a very strange thing (to me)there were 4 crickets left over....and all 4 of them were missing their back legs!:eek: my theory is that maby those 4 were too big for karma (my chameleon) to eat, but I do confess when I realised all the legs were missing it did freak me out a little :p

they could have been missing when you put them in there, hindering their mobility and your cham might not have noticed them?

Maybe the crickets ate them off each other? If I don't give my crickets enough food, they will eat each other. I don't know why they'd go for just the back legs though :O

Maybe the crickets ate them off each other? If I don't give my crickets enough food, they will eat each other. I don't know why they'd go for just the back legs though :O

Baby the back legs have more meat on them? I mean after all, they are used for the jumping, so they build more muscle or something... lol

I usually feed my young veiled chameleon 10 crickets/day and she usally eats them all. This morning though, when I went to give her more crickets, I noticed a very strange thing (to me)there were 4 crickets left over....and all 4 of them were missing their back legs!:eek: my theory is that maby those 4 were too big for karma (my chameleon) to eat, but I do confess when I realised all the legs were missing it did freak me out a little :p

What is your gutload? Maybe they were not healthy. I notice the weaker slower crix the legs fall off easier when i pick them up.

No, when I put them in, they had all of their legs. I fish them out from my cricket tank 1 at a time and put them in my chameleon house. I use flukes gutloader, and I also feed the crickets dried oatmeal.

Back
Top Bottom