Can any one help with a rain system for my chameleon?

Ellie14

Attachments

• 14037626_1192405334113950_769308702_o.jpg
    14037626_1192405334113950_769308702_o.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 203
I have the superrain 2 set up which I am happy with, a lot more powerful pump than the nano so possibly quieter and maybe more reliable though, sorry I can't be more help

Sorry I'm very new to this stuff but what is a monsoon? Is it a make of a rain system? I honestly thought monsoon was a shop. Thank you for your replies I'll have to have a look.

With many of the "cheaper" systems, your pump will be destroyed if you run your system dry--believe me, it is going to happen. They often are not less expensive at all. Check to see if the pump can run dry and not be damaged. Check also how long the longest misting session is. Many can't run for more than a minute or less at a time which isn't enough. You might look at the size of the droplets of water. The smaller the droplet size, the more "foggy" the mist and the more likely the chameleon is to sit in the mist to clean their eyes, which is one important reason to have a misting system.

Go to MistKing's web site and use their selling points to compare other systems. You can use their web site to check the droplet size for a reference.

I use mostly MistKing. I'm very happy with it. You can probably have one shipped over to the UK if they are not available there, but I'm sure there is a Brtish equivalent--you just have to look. Do a Google search for herp suppliers and start there.

what happened to AquaZamp? Everyone loved them a few years ago but I haven't heard much about them lately.
Their Facebook page hasn't been update for about a year, and the most recent posts complain of lack of delivery of purchases. What a bummer. That's why I got MistKing this week.

I use Climist works well and was pretty cheap for great quality assembled in the USA with 2 year warrenty
I've also had this pump run dry many times and refilled the reservoir it still works with no damage or issue even though it is cheaper. They are also a site sponsor under coastal silkworms or Climist.com you check them out there.

It looks as if no one has experience with this system Mist King states it's sold world wide, but the link that you have provided shows that system gets
a 9.7 out of 10 based on 2,139 reviews, even though it's showing 5 stars as a rating system, lol.

Thank you for your comments,really helped will continue to look. Also has anyone had a waterfall? Or would you not recommend it.

Waterfalls are generally frowned upon due to not being able to keep them clean. Feeders can drown in them and this along with poop that falls in can cause bacteria blooms.

I use the Mist King...best system ever!!!. Never regretted spending the money on this. :love:
Yes, you were right. Just two days and I am impressed with it's wonderful effectiveness and love the convenience. Thanks for the little push of encouragement. [along with all the others that encouraged the purchase. I owe you all a beer!]

can i ask if any one uses a fogger or is it better to use a rain system? also what viariums do people have as i got told that i shouldnt have a mesh one.

can i ask if any one uses a fogger or is it better to use a rain system? also what viariums do people have as i got told that i shouldnt have a mesh one.
A lot of people use a fogger but it's not really a replacement for your rain system but more a way to keep humidity up when the air is dry.

I think most of us use full or partially screen enclosures. Chameleons require good ventilation and glass enclosures often don't provide sufficient airflow.
Not saying glass is a big nono, it has it's advantages too (like keeping humidity in), but you will need proper ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom