Can’t get my humidity up

Is it necessary for the humidity in the terrarium to be at 60% or above if there are frequent misting’s? I’ve have a 9 month old Tamatave panther. He seems to be healthy and he’s taken to handling very well. Unfortunately no matter what I do I can’t seem to get his terrarium above about 50% humidity. It’s a 24 x 24 x 48 terrarium. It has a live plant in it. A shower curtain covering three sides. A Mister King set up that distributes water 10 times a day, in five minute intervals. He has two basking spots and a humidifier/fogger set up. I will take a couple pictures, but does anyone have any advice for how to up the humidity?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 67
Wow you must live somewhere with very low humidity. 50% humidity is the low end for Panthers so you should be fine during the day. If you can boost your nights up higher that would be best.
The other thing that maintains humidity is live plants they actually release moisture into the air through their leaves.
I'm wondering if part of the problem is where you are measuring your humidity and what you are using. Up by the basking spot tends to be drier so mid cage is a better gauge of humidity. Analog gauges are notoriously inaccurate. A digital gauge would be better.

Wow you must live somewhere with very low humidity. 50% humidity is the low end for Panthers so you should be fine during the day. If you can boost your nights up higher that would be best.
The other thing that maintains humidity is live plants they actually release moisture into the air through their leaves.
I'm wondering if part of the problem is where you are measuring your humidity and what you are using. Up by the basking spot tends to be drier so mid cage is a better gauge of humidity. Analog gauges are notoriously inaccurate. A digital gauge would be better.

Thank you for the reply. Yeah I live in Tri-Cities Washington which is basically a desert. We have no humidity here which can be nice but not when you’re trying to House a chameleon. I have an analog and a digital. Both are practically in his basking spot. So I will make sure that I move those to mid-cage. I’ve put several other plants in there but unfortunately they die. I’m not exactly sure why.

Back
Top Bottom