Camo finally laid 75 infertile eggs!

Blmelton

Established Member
Why is this so stressful for ME? She’s the one doing it! She is recovering and has eaten a leftover superworm I didn’t realize was in there from yesterday. It must have crawled out of the dish. she is definitely skinny! She went back down after getting a few drinks of water and a snack. I’m guessing either she wasn’t finished or is covering up her spot some more. I’m off to go grab up some hornworms to help her rehydrate.

Last edited:
Wow what a relief! I haven’t been on here in a while but wanted to post because it is a huge weight lifted! She is recovering and has eaten a leftover superworm and has had plenty of water.she is definitely skinnier than I expected!
Wow! I'm still waiting for my chameleons to mature enough for thier first clutch. How old is she? I'm curious as my chams are getting older and growing by the day.

75 eggs is a lot. You will want to slow down on her feeding after she recovers. Have such big clutches of eggs can be harmful to her. It takes a lot of calcium to make eggs shells and if she isn’t getting enough she will start to pull it from her bones and get mbd. If the eggs still don’t have enough calcium they will stick together and she will become egg bound.

Also all the eggs are basically all around her organs pushing on them so having so many can cause complications.

Man you better be happy those were not fertile. You were not prepared :)
There should never be fertile eggs Here! She’s my only chameleon and I don’t think my husband would allow any more!
Man you better be happy those were not fertile. You were not prepared :)
She’s my only chameleon so not planning on any fertile clutches anytime soon...or ever! Definitely NOT prepared for that many babies!

Back
Top Bottom