Cameras

I picked up my camera this evening. I must say there is a serious amount of settings on this thing! Wowsers!

First stop is the automatic mode for me. However I would like to explore a bit and get some high quality close ups if possible. With me being new to the technical side of photography - can anyone give any pointers as to which settings need to be adjusted to achieve this?

I use the macro setting. Thats the only thing I change:p To many options that Im not sure what they do. But it seems to give me the clearest pics, since chams are fairly small.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/donahue-update-74320/

There is a "point and shoot" that has the advanced processor for excellent quality. The Canon G-12. It has the Digic IV processor that would cost MUCHO to get in a DSLR. One could also get a used G-10 and save some cost. I like and use a DSLR so I can't personally vouch but have always thought it would be nice to have such a processor (way better than most PNS cameras) in a small, easy to use camera.

If you want to shoot your chams just be sure the camera has a macro setting.

Learn to adjust the film speed ie ASA/ISO. This is the most important function of a point and shoot camera. You will find in a macro mode you need more light. I can help if you have questions.

go\ with\ cannon.\ the\ cheap\ red\ ones\ that\ are\ like\ $117\ do\ a\ great\ job\ and\ they\ give\ you\ some\ fun\ little\ features

this\ is\ the\ quality:)
oh\ it\ also\ has\ a\ night\ snap\ shot\ that\ makes\ the\ night\ as\ clear\ as\ day
d__dcim_102___01_img_0016.jpg

Don't shoot any photos of your chams at less than 800ISO unless you're in sunlight outside. Also, when you are close up (on the macro setting), make sure your focus is on the eyes, because as long as the eyes are in focus the entire image will look better. You may be able to change the focus point on that camera, I'm not sure, but if you can change it to the left or right side of the view so you can get the eyes in focus and still have the body in there.
With shooting that close, you will struggle to get the whole body in focus due to a limited depth of field. To increase the depth of field you will need a higher f stop, but doing that will lower your shutter speed, so don't let it lower so much that you can't hold the camera still and you get blurry images.

I could go on forever, as I am a professional photographer, but hopefully that will get you started on taking better photos of your cham.

Cheers,
Chris

Cheers guys.

Still not found the ''macro setting". It may be called something different on this camera or maybe needs configuring manually. I also need to actually read the instructions too - perhaps that may shed some light.

I will be researching properly tomorrow and hopefully start snapping some pics.

I think if you goto the scn or scene mode it is a setting in their. Probably a little flower icon. Also it should detect macro in the IA intelligent auto setting.

Back
Top Bottom