Cameras.

Twells92

Established Member
For those who use cameras to spy on your tree pigs, which ones do you use? Mounted inside or outside? Looking to upgrade but curious on what people are using!

For those who use cameras to spy on your tree pigs, which ones do you use? Mounted inside or outside? Looking to upgrade but curious on what people are using!
I’ve been using the Blink Camera by Amazon. Pretty inexpensive, app is free and i ziptied it to the inside of my females enclosure pretty easily

Using one from xiaomi (as well as other aotomation gadgets they sell). Costs around $30, streams 1080p connected through home wifi. Looks like this 20191115_143237.jpg

I love this idea, but I'm one of those paranoid people that thinks my camera will be hacked and then my whole internet. Thoughts on this?
Dude, its 2019. Every piece of electronics you buy comes pre-hacked! FB is listening through your phone right now! lol Between Zuckerberg, Siri, and Alexa your monitored 24/7!

That's the price of convenience nowadays................. oh and by the way, Ebstein did not kill himself!!!!!!

UniFi Video G3, $70. Its wired, but its also IR and outdoor rated. In standalone mode you just surf to its ipaddress with a web browser or the app. I VPN to my house, so the internets are not watching me.

What's the worst scenario your camera is hacked? They'll watch your cham to death? :)) You can always opt for a non-rotating cam so you mechanically control it's direction.

So I know not a lot about this, but my understanding is through hacking one weak device they can get into your whole system? Maybe I'm way off that though.

I hate to say it, but pretty much all devices are weak devices. Script kiddies don't even know how to code. You can download the hack programs off of the internet that actual hackers have made to get into schools, banks, and government systems. So any child can now take over your stuff if they have ill intent towards you.

raise it up so the lens is the same height as the top of the enclosure so that it won't be looking up into the lights. Hoping that will help.
I’ve been struggling with glare lately when promoting my business. Most of my products are extremely glossy making pics/vids a pain to pull off....

Your on the right track, move the camera level with or above the light and order a strip of polorized tint to put over the lens. Should cut down about 40-50% of the glare.

3F3A7618-6578-4384-AFFC-B67331FD081F.jpeg 0190732A-034C-4030-8C06-B29EF6D0540A.jpeg 1F8AA6E4-FBF4-4F26-A0DA-80831B7C3052.jpeg

I hate to say it, but pretty much all devices are weak devices. Script kiddies don't even know how to code. You can download the hack programs off of the internet that actual hackers have made to get into schools, banks, and government systems. So any child can now take over your stuff if they have ill intent towards you.

But with a camera aren't you creating an account through a company? That would seem easier a target than phone or tv simply connected to my wifi?

But with a camera aren't you creating an account through a company? That would seem easier a target than phone or tv simply connected to my wifi?
Lets just say this. If things like the following are actually reported months to a year later to the consumer. What do you think is out there that is not reported?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/technology/digital-assistant-laser-hack.html

I know for a fact that there is a device you can build for about $30 in electronic equipment that will unlock and start any modern key-less car.

Here is a consumer version of something similar to what they are using. All controlled by your iphone.

Last edited:
Lets just say this. If things like the following are actually reported months to a year later to the consumer. What do you think is out there that is not reported?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/technology/digital-assistant-laser-hack.html

I know for a fact that there is a device you can build for about $30 in electronic equipment that will unlock and start any modern key-less car.

Here is a consumer version of something similar to what they are using. All controlled by your iphone.

True, but why do cameras seem to be hacked most often? Theres some horror stories out there with them. I'm not saying other things can't be either, that's why I keep nothing important on my phone or computer lol(or maybe I just have nothing important :LOL:). I'm really way out of my expertise here, I'm questioning you more experienced people, not arguing.

Back
Top Bottom