Camera recommendation

dodolah

Retired Moderator
Hi guys

I want to buy a digital camera..
I saw many of you guys take a really professional looking pics.

my old camera is clumsy to focus.
and when I turn off the flash, all the pics become blurry at the slightest movement.

So, What kind of camera are you using?
Any recommendations?

I just got the Nikon L5. It has vibration reduction and autofocus. Not an expensive professional camera by any means but I am happy with it! I posted a bunch of pics today here on the forum. Newegg has it for around $100 refurbished. My dream camera is the Nikon D40-many people here use it.

D40, eh?
What kind of lenses i should buy to accompany this SLR?
Will it cost me an arm and a leg?:)

D40, eh?
What kind of lenses i should buy to accompany this SLR?
Will it cost me an arm and a leg?:)

It starts with arm and a leg, then comes off the other leg (first non kit lens), then comes off the other arm (external flash).

I'm an avid user of rebel xti here. Good luck in your body parts trade. :eek:

Howdy,

I'm still living with my old Canon Digital Rebel from years ago. If you are going to jump into a DSLR then either the Canon Digital Rebel XTi or the equivalent Nikon version would be the way to go. Costco is a simple place to get a reasonable price on either brands if you want to do a walk-in or online purchase. You want lenses with at least the USM (ultrasonic motor focusing.) Image stabilization is great if you can afford it. The 18-55mm USM kit lens is ok to start with. If you ever get any longer lens like a 75-300mm, be sure to get it with both IS (image stabilization) and USM. Don't forget a tripod which is a MUST for those low light, no flash shots!

Also consider a ring flash! I use my friends from time to time and they work great with a macro! You can pick one up for like 80 bucks on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom