Calumma parsonii price?

I've been offered over 2 grand for mine. Usually unsexed are right under 1000. And then more for sexed ones that are older. At least that's how it was when I got mine.

Right now there is basicly none available. There were no imports this year and very few came in last year. So it’s becoming a supply and demand situation. One “breeder” has been jacking people around raising prices at the last minute so people are paying more and more for them. Next year there should be several clutches of parsons hatching in the US for some reputable breeders. Prices generally are between $1000-$2000. I just sold a 6 month old female for $1350 to give you an idea.

Right now there is basicly none available. There were no imports this year and very few came in last year. So it’s becoming a supply and demand situation. One “breeder” has been jacking people around raising prices at the last minute so people are paying more and more for them. Next year there should be several clutches of parsons hatching in the US for some reputable breeders. Prices generally are between $1000-$2000. I just sold a 6 month old female for $1350 to give you an idea.
I had no idea that prices were about between 1000-2000$. Is that the most expensive chameleon at the moment? I honestly have no idea how much would they cost here because panthers in US are going like 300-500$ right? And here they are 80-160 euros.

I had no idea that prices were about between 1000-2000$. Is that the most expensive chameleon at the moment? I honestly have no idea how much would they cost here because panthers in US are going like 300-500$ right? And here they are 80-160 euros.

Back in the 90's captive veiled cost more than WC parsons :)

But if it makes you feel better, parsons live 2-3x longer than panthers.

I have been offered Calumma parsonii parsonii for as low of a price as $100.00 and paid for Calumma parsonii parsonii for as high as over $2,200.00. I know of three breeders selling in the USA the last couple of years. Two of whom bicker about breeding like infants even during a shortage of captive bred Calumma parsonii parsonii. Are we reptile keepers fortunate enough to have three captive Calumma parsonii parsonii breeders in the USA? I know Bion made a couple of sales of some imported wild caught Calumma parsonii parsonii from their brood stock this year.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom