Calling all Minnesota keepers

Scottsquatch

Chameleon Enthusiast
It is with a very heavy heart that I am going to be reducing my collection from six down to two. MY DOG HAS TOTALLY DESTROYED MY CAGES FOR THE LAST TIME! My dog keeps tearing into my cages and I've had two completely buy new cages 2 times now and Ive also had to buy 2 new quad lights due to destruction by dog. The dog is special because He has bonded closely with my son who is special needs. So he obviously isn't going anywhere. I have tried moving the cages to different rooms, but my wife and son dont seem to know how to close doors. I am at my wits end and the chams are starting to pay the price. Not fair to them AT ALL. When we move in a few years and I can build a greenhouse/chameleon building, I will try again. At this point I am probably only gonna keep my two Panthers. Any EXPERIENCED KEEPERS in MN interested in a free cham, PM me. Thanks.

It is with a very heavy heart that I am going to be reducing my collection from six down to two. MY DOG HAS TOTALLY DESTROYED MY CAGES FOR THE LAST TIME! My dog keeps tearing into my cages and I've had two completely buy new cages 2 times now and Ive also had to buy 2 new quad lights due to destruction by dog. The dog is special because He has bonded closely with my son who is special needs. So he obviously isn't going anywhere. I have tried moving the cages to different rooms, but my wife and son dont seem to know how to close doors. I am at my wits end and the chams are starting to pay the price. Not fair to them AT ALL. When we move in a few years and I can build a greenhouse/chameleon building, I will try again. At this point I am probably only gonna keep my two Panthers. Any EXPERIENCED KEEPERS in MN interested in a free cham, PM me. Thanks.
Bump

Oh wow I didn't know you live in Minnesota! I live in St. Paul. I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles, that sounds really stressful. I can see how that could be tough for the chams. What species are you thinking of parting with?

I don't know whether I have room for another cham right now, since I already have one coming to me in the next week or so and my room mates already think I'm insane for my ever-growing chameleon jungle... However, I do also know a guy in Stillwater who has tons of chameleons and breeds Parson's to boot. I could contact him and see if he may be interested, too!

James might take the Graciliors, then I have a pair of veileds from Jan B. But they can't be bred as they are full sibling. If he doesn't want the graciliors, you want next in line?

If your giving them away for free I’ll drive all the way to Minnesota from Virginia :D but I am too busy right now too drive that far :(

Scott I’m sorry to hear this . Giving them up is never an easy decision . Jann will take them back . You won’t need to look for homes for the veiled . Their so special to her . Sorry agin to hear you are giving them up . Best of luck .

Glad things are going to work out.
I was going to suggest an invisible fence for the dog but I don't know how that would work in a multi story house.

Glad things worked out, too! Much as I would've liked to convince my room mates to let more chams into our house, I'm afraid there's just literally no more room haha.

Back
Top Bottom