Calciworms

GDiggs

Any feedback on Calciworms?
I am thinking tomorrow we might attemp something different then crickets ?

Updated picture of Her Home Below : )

Attachments

• 3D788AF1-CF69-4EF7-A3B2-5F29E7F3D69F.jpeg
    3D788AF1-CF69-4EF7-A3B2-5F29E7F3D69F.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 117
T hey are excellent...however they apparently can constipate a cham if fed exclusively after about 5 days. Its best to always mix up your feeders. Either a variety each day or a few days of one then something new.

I use a $60 wine fridge at 56 degrees and i have kept them alive for almost 6 months and counting will be 6 months October 1st). I paid like $16 for 1000. Cheaper if you buy more. I dont think you can get crickets that cheap once you pay shipping and there are few deaths and way easier. I do nothing but take some out every week or so to let them pupate. I dont feed them, i dont spray them, nothing until i take them out. Then i give them a carrot or something as gutload. They are dumb so i open the cage, open the cup, tap the cup a few times until they fly into the cage. Had maybe 2 escape and they are easily caught.

In other words, I recommend them.

T hey are excellent...however they apparently can constipate a cham if fed exclusively after about 5 days. Its best to always mix up your feeders. Either a variety each day or a few days of one then something new.

I use a $60 wine fridge at 56 degrees and i have kept them alive for almost 6 months and counting will be 6 months October 1st). I paid like $16 for 1000. Cheaper if you buy more. I dont think you can get crickets that cheap once you pay shipping and there are few deaths and way easier. I do nothing but take some out every week or so to let them pupate. I dont feed them, i dont spray them, nothing until i take them out. Then i give them a carrot or something as gutload. They are dumb so i open the cage, open the cup, tap the cup a few times until they fly into the cage. Had maybe 2 escape and they are easily caught.

In other words, I recommend them.
I didn’t think about the wine fridge, oh my lanta that is good ! Your sooo awesome for helping me out ty

Sorry, I tend to use acronyms because I'm lazy haha, and forget that not everyone knows what that mean.

But no worries you will be speaking in tongues too in no time :p.
Your fine! I hope so your guys knowledge is soo vast I wish I could carry you guys in my pocket for any problem or concern. Which I seem to have one everyone five minutes or so...

What i would do is let them pupate. She will eat the flies. But you need to keep trying her on new things. Does she eat from you hand? If not get her to by starting with her favorite.

What i would do is let them pupate. She will eat the flies. But you need to keep trying her on new things. Does she eat from you hand? If not get her to by starting with her favorite.

Just looking at this thread - how do you go about letting them pupate?

I wish mine would eat from my hand. She just moves away and gives me stank eye.:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom