Calcium w/D3 versus Calcium without

LoyaltyNECO

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on a question and clarify for me......I got my Panther from Screameleons and per their site they say to dust crickets with calcium w/D3 every other feeding. I can't find anywhere on their site where it says to use calcium w/o D3 (as the info I've read many times on this site says). What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of using and not using D3?

For most keepers, calcium w/o D3 is used everyday, w/ D3 is used twice a month. D3 from supplements can build up in the system but D3 produced from exposure to UVB shouldn't as long as the chameleon can move in and out of it. Too much D3 can be harmful.

I'm sure you will get a very good answer about D3 from someone, but from my understanding D3 helps your cham to synthesize the calcium into their bones, hence you only need to give it to them 2x,month. A little goes a long way.

If you can manage to get your cham outside at least an hour every day really helps him/her to stay healthy. I took my UVB meter outside yesterday in the sunshine and it read 455! WOW. No UVB bulb will ever give your chammy that kind of healthy rays.

Back
Top Bottom