Calcium question

lsd61377

We are brand new chameleon owners. We have a 2 month old veiled. I know I'm suppose to dust his food with the calcium, I have Flukers calcium with d3. I feed my crickets a calcium fortified diet. So, I'm wondering if I still need to dust them every day or if it can be skipped. Cosmo the chameleon also seems to prefer his crickets "naked", doesn't seem to go after the dusted ones as fast. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Dusting with calcium with D3 can result in a D3 overdose. It only needs to be given twice a month. You also need to be giving a multivitamin. To make this easier we will narrow this down to two items instead of three.

*Store away your current calcium we don't need it at the moment*

1. Use calcium without D3 every feeding. (except multivitamin times)

2. Use Multivitamin with D3 twice a month

The reason why I didn't include your current calcium is because we can get two in one with the D3 multivitamin. Make sure the calcium you buy is phosphorus free. I will attach the supplements I use

This is what you need to purchase. I found these photos off of Amazon but I'm sure you can find these at a pet store too.
Screenshot_20211023-080443.png

Screenshot_20211023-080510.png

We are brand new chameleon owners. We have a 2 month old veiled. I know I'm suppose to dust his food with the calcium, I have Flukers calcium with d3. I feed my crickets a calcium fortified diet. So, I'm wondering if I still need to dust them every day or if it can be skipped. Cosmo the chameleon also seems to prefer his crickets "naked", doesn't seem to go after the dusted ones as fast. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Welcome to the Forums. @Fchamel beat me to it 😊

For feeding your crickets and feeders, a strategy like this is recommended to make them packed with nutrients for your chameleon
66F4E5B4-ABC2-4CA0-B16A-B4DC8D1C140A.jpeg

Here’s some other good foods you can give them add variety to their diet

59B7A2BE-04D8-475A-B030-B14F96213EDE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom