calcium powder ?

dakota18

i know your supposed to dust the chameleons food with calcium powder before they eat it, just keep in mind i dont actually have a cham yet, ive been doing a lot of research and stuff, i am trying to find out everything i am going to get before hand, so does anyone have a specific brand of calcium powder they recommend ?

For years I've used RepCal products. I have phos free calcium that I use at all feedings but 4 a month dusted litghtly on the insects just before feeding them to the chameleon. I dust with RepCal phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly twice a month and with Herptivite lightly twice a month. I've been keeping chameleons for over 30 years.

There are other ways of doing it that work too...but I'm sure someone will chime in about them.

For years I've used RepCal products. I have phos free calcium that I use at all feedings but 4 a month dusted little on the insects just before feeding them to the chameleon. I dust with RepCal phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly twice a month and with Herptivite lightly twice a month. I've been keeping chameleons for over 30 years.

There are other ways of doing it that work too...but I'm sure someone will chime in about them.
okay thank you, very helpful.

I also use RepCal products for my calcium but I use Reptivite without D3 for my multivitamin.

This video goes into more detail about supplements. Why we need them, how to supplement, and how often. Worth the watch if you're a new keeper.

I also use RepCal products for my calcium but I use Reptivite without D3 for my multivitamin.

This video goes into more detail about supplements. Why we need them, how to supplement, and how often. Worth the watch if you're a new keeper.

okay thank you, your videos are very helpful

I’m just starting off myself, but I’m using Repashy Calcium Plus LoD as a primary all-in-one supplement for my panther. However, the main concerns from others might consider this too much Vitamin D so keep researching and monitoring your chameleon with whatever you choose.

I’m just starting off myself, but I’m using Repashy Calcium Plus LoD as a primary all-in-one supplement for my panther. However, the main concerns from others might consider this too much Vitamin D so keep researching and monitoring your chameleon with whatever you choose.
okay thanks

Thats why i like sticky tongue it has less d3 than repashy
I’ll look into that. It will probably be good to wean him down anyways because he was getting the full Calcium Plus at the breeder and I’m moving him over to LoD. Is there anything else you like about it over the Repashy other than the amount of D3?

Back
Top Bottom