Calcium help

smba310

So I'm going to be getting a 5 month old panther chameleon soon, and I just need clarification on some things regarding the calcium that goes with the feeders.
So I already have what I need: normal calcium, and calcium with D3. I know that I only give them the calcium with D3 a few times a month, but what exactly does that mean? Once every other week? Thanks!

Will your panther be getting any outside time? If he goes outside he most likely will not need any D3 at all. If he’s strictly inside then very lightly dust with calcium with D3 twice a month. You can lightly dust with the plain calcium at most feeding other than when you are using the D3 and multivitamins. Yes, he will also need a good multivitamin twice a month. I recommend Reptivite. Since you already have D3 get the Reptivite without D3. Be sure to lightly dust because to much supplements is bad for them and can calcify their organs.

You might find my blog for new keepers helpful. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-with-young-veiled-or-panther-chameleons.325/

I usually do it this way, first and third Friday of the month is calcium with D3, and second and fourth Friday is the multivitamin.

That was the schedule I was using when I was feeding every day, now that I have switched to every other day I alternate, every 4th meal I give either multivitamins or Cal with D3. Keep up with a little calendar beside his cage lol

Good luck! And happy Cham keeping

I usually do it this way, first and third Friday of the month is calcium with D3, and second and fourth Friday is the multivitamin.

That was the schedule I was using when I was feeding every day, now that I have switched to every other day I alternate, every 4th meal I give either multivitamins or Cal with D3. Keep up with a little calendar beside his cage lol

Good luck! And happy Cham keeping
Thank you both for your help! Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the reptivite without D3, so I got the one with D3. I'm assuming that just means that I wont have to use the calcuim with d3 right?

Back
Top Bottom