Calcium / Free Range tree?

MrTommy

When should I dust the crickets with Calcium without D3? Daily or every other day?

What the best tree to use for Free range (UK)

Daily calcium NO d3. Calcium WITH d3 2 times a month.

Best free ranging tree would be a ficus benjamina (get a big one!) around 4-5 feet tall.

Buy some twisty/bendy vines, attach one or two to the ficus, then open the door to the cham's cage. Attach the tree to the cage using the twisty vines and wait for him to come out to explore the free range.

Thanks , the ficus I don't think there good? Couse it all close together and the branches are not the best the best ?

Thanks , the ficus I don't think there good? Couse it all close together and the branches are not the best the best ?

All plants will do that.

All you need to do, is buy a nice big ficus. Then go home (or buy plant trimmers) and clip some of the much smaller branches off. Then the chameleon will have plenty of space to roam in the sturdy branches. The branches are very sturdy. Even a small branch (as long as it is the color brown) will hold a chameleon.

The only problem with ficus is that the "blood" of the plant is white, and if it touches the chameleon's eyes, it might irritate them.

Maybe try and find a big schefflera (umbrella) plant, or a big old safe plant from one of these lists if a ficus isn't for you. :)

http://www.flchams.com/safe_plant_list.asp

I'm just suggesting a ficus because it's a big tree plant the chameleon will be happy in.

Okay thanks for your help , I probably do that then but does it matter if there no basking light over the tree? Will he still want to come out as it might be to cold as uk not a sunny place.

Back
Top Bottom