Calci-worms?

herpboi

i was wondering does any one feed them to there chameleons? i was wondering can a veiled hatcling hatchling have them? i know they are suppose to be high in calcium. i was thinking if i did feed them would 3x a week be good?

Waste of $$$
I've never had any chameleon with much interest in them ... the ones that have tried them couldn't digest them.

-Brad

I agree, I think they are good for some reptiles, but not chameleons, its not even something that they would have a chance of encountering in the wild, not to mentin the larges are only about 3/4 of an inch.

@DJ- they are maggots.

i bought those before and they were really tiny. i put them in a cup with an orange segment and they ate there way inside it. then fed the bug filled orange to my veiled. they should be a good size for a young veiled , but not a hatchling. i dont give them to hatchlings because i've heard they throw up mealworms and waxworms. i'd just assume they have the same effect.

Waste of $$$
I've never had any chameleon with much interest in them ... the ones that have tried them couldn't digest them.

-Brad

Agreed...

the funny thing is my GF came home asking about these after she was at petco and sent me a link... I looked at them and said pretty much exactly what lizardlover said LOL.

She was asking about them for our leopard gecko.

calci worms

Waste of $$$

-Brad
i ditto that , calci worms (aka pheonix worms) are the larval form of the black soldier fly (hermetia illucens), they are quite small , very expensive and the only chams i have ever had that showed any interest in them were neonates [cost aside, probably not a bad food for neonates (nutritionally they have a higher calcium to phosphorus ratio than most feeders, a good thing) but one small neonate went through about $5 worth in about 5 min.

Ive tried them before and my chameleons devour them. I dont use them often at all but the couple times I did they didn't last long. I like to try a little bit of variety in a chameleons diet.

My chameleon loves them. I took the chance of paying for 100 of them. He has no problem eating them and their not a waste of money. Phoenix worms are one of the best types.
And no their not super tiny. If you get extra small or small they are more made for babies. mediums is what i buy and you can get large. Go to youtube to see a size difference in medium and larges...not much
I have a male veiled and he is like 4 months.

Haha, I was just gonna ask about these. I also saw them at Petco, and I was like, "What the hell are calci-worms?" I'm glad I know now. I bought them (as well as other feeders) just to try them out. WAAYYY too tiny, waste of money for me.

Haha, I was just gonna ask about these. I also saw them at Petco, and I was like, "What the hell are calci-worms?" I'm glad I know now. I bought them (as well as other feeders) just to try them out. WAAYYY too tiny, waste of money for me.
They have them at petsinc as well. I keep forgetting what part of AZ you are in though.

They have them at petsinc as well. I keep forgetting what part of AZ you are in though.

South Gilbert. So, like a mile away from Queen Creek, lol. I'm kind of all over the place though. School is in Tempe, of course, and my parent's live in Gilbert as well, but right on the edge of Mesa.

Back
Top Bottom