Cages.

Ok I need help all you cham lovers. I purchased a 100 gallon reptarium cage for my weebo cus hes a brat and needs the space lol but it absolutely sucks!! It does not give off the amount of lighting he needs and also burns holes also is zip up mesh material ughhh I hate it.. Any idea on where to get a big screen cage approximately 100 gallons at? Heres a picture on what I have now.

Screenshot_2017-04-25-19-40-40.png

Well, if my math is correct, a 2x2x4 screen cage is roughly a 119 gallons. So that would be your only bet as this is the largest size they come in. The 18x18x36 is roughly 50 gallons.

I'm just needing good sites thank you! Hes a full adult and he loves all the space he can get. The one I have is the perfect size its just the mech material and don't give him the right amount of light or heat and his live plants never stay alive.

Are you sure it's the mesh material? What type of light, UVB or basking bulb are you using? Plants can be tough without the right lighting. I had to switch to full spectrum LED lighting as well as red LEDs for plant growth.

Are you sure it's the mesh material? What type of light, UVB or basking bulb are you using? Plants can be tough without the right lighting. I had to switch to full spectrum LED lighting as well as red LEDs for plant growth.
The lights get to hot and burns the mesh. I bought it at joshs frogs.

No the heat bulb burns the mesh. That uvb is hanging inside the cage because of the reason of it not providing the right amount. That's why I'm looking for suggestions on a cage that size that has screen instead of shitty zipup mesh.:) it's a fire hazard

Reptariums block 70% of the light coming in. They work wonderfully for outdoor cages, though the zippers are a pain. New, heavy duty zippers can be put on inexpensively by a seamstress or tailor.
As for lighting a reptarium indoors, all lighting would be mounted above the enclosure and one should consider Mercury Vapor bulbs, such as 165 watt megarays from reptileuv.com and Jungle Dawn LED spots from lightyourreptiles.com, to provide enough light and UV. They have their purpose and a T5 linear bulb should not melt the mesh, as I had no such issues with mine, but, they aren't ideal enclosures for indoor use, except for very secretive species that don't like basking and reasonable amounts of lights.

Thanks! Thats why I'm looking for a better big cage and asking suggestions where to purchase one. My reptarium is a pain and no good for my veild expecually not giving him what hes needed for light

Back
Top Bottom