cages pt.2

i recently posted about opinions on what cage i should get. but i stumbled upon another cage, which is basically the reptibreeze xl but with led lights. are led lights ok for them ?? it even has red led too
https://reptileslounge.com/products...NXk4SR0JPdwH9Ydqh4Pe_V43Zj0rUKyMaApENEALw_wcB
The upcharge for this cage isn't worth it. If you really need LEDs in your cage then go to home depot - or walmart - and buy the "battery powered puck lights" also know as "under cabinet lighting". I found a 4 pack of lights with remote [dimmable and timer] with batteries included for $20 at Costco. I bought 2 packs and put one light in each of the 8 cages I have. I personally use them to simulate a night time or early morning... and use them if I need light after the sun sets.

If you just generally need more light in your cages, get a grow light... it'll serve you better. Otherwise there are a few manufacturers that make a t5HO fixture with LEDs and there are also "DIY Lighting blogs" if you want to get super technical. It also depends on how much light you need, what effect you're after, and how much you want to spend. Your chams don't need the lights outside of their normal UVB and heat requirements.

Best of luck!

Oh.. and there's a really fancy light made by the same people who make the mistKing that simulates everything from a rain storm, to clouds passing, to sunsets. It looks and sounds awesome... it's just slightly ridiculously priced... at least for my needs. If you have the cash to blow... that's the one for you ; )

Oh.. and there's a really fancy light made by the same people who make the mistKing that simulates everything from a rain storm, to clouds passing, to sunsets. It looks and sounds awesome... it's just slightly ridiculously priced... at least for my needs. If you have the cash to blow... that's the one for you ; )
thank you !

Back
Top Bottom