cage

Flacon67

Established Member
so i finished accept for minor details. but my dad is fussing to me about my zip tie holes he says it’s “ghetto” well idek. but can some just give me something positive bc like he like, just make a podium and take the whole thing out at once. but it’s not that easy. and i’m gonna need zip ties so i don’t know what he trying to say. some one give good feed back. and like do the holes really matter. and can’t you just fill them with more mesh and heat shrink them together image.jpg

The amount of live plants you have in there is really great!

The main improvement it needs is just horizontal branches/vines/perches of any sort. Chameleons need a large number of these at all elevations in the cage, running all the way from left to right. This is the primary means they use to move around the enclosure and there currently no real "highways" in there for your cham to use.

As for holes in the screen, it's completely not a big deal.

so i finished accept for minor details. but my dad is fussing to me about my zip tie holes he says it’s “ghetto” well idek. but can some just give me something positive bc like he like, just make a podium and take the whole thing out at once. but it’s not that easy. and i’m gonna need zip ties so i don’t know what he trying to say. some one give good feed back. and like do the holes really matter. and can’t you just fill them with more mesh and heat shrink them togetherView attachment 239701
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 170
The amount of live plants you have in there is really great!

The main improvement it needs is just horizontal branches/vines/perches of any sort. Chameleons need a large number of these at all elevations in the cage, running all the way from left to right. This is the primary means they use to move around the enclosure and there currently no real "highways" in there for your cham to use.

As for holes in the screen, it's completely not a big deal.
Heading in the right direction. Now fill all the voids with branches for him to climb on.
yeah my dad is going to have a fit. he wanted to have one big thing that all of them sit on. but it’s like communism. it doesn’t work. stuff would break and the. it would be 100% heavier and i won’t need to clean the live plants. but it’s “ghetto” according to him to have holes in the cage. i rly don’t understand

There are lots of ways around making holes. Instead of zipties, you can use garden wire to weave between the screen to hold things.

Or, what I like to do, is take two eyelet screws and screw one into both ends of a branch. Just hold the stick up to the screen and screw the eyelets in from the outside. No holes needed

There are lots of ways around making holes. Instead of zipties, you can use garden wire to weave between the screen to hold things.

Or, what I like to do, is take two eyelet screws and screw one into both ends of a branch. Just hold the stick up to the screen and screw the eyelets in from the outside. No holes needed
well it’s too late. what should i say to him he was at work when i told him i finished and he was upset but not mad. like he will be when he sees. but you can always put more mesh right. and these cages r only 100 so it’s not like it’s the most expensive thing

update #2 image.jpg

well it’s too late. what should i say to him he was at work when i told him i finished and he was upset but not mad. like he will be when he sees. but you can always put more mesh right. and these cages r only 100 so it’s not like it’s the most expensive thing

update #2View attachment 239704

Just tell him that it's not a big deal! There's no reason to be upset about it. The holes don't ruin the structural integrity of the enclosure. They're not big enough to let the chameleon escape. And you're right! There are screen patches you can buy and attach to cover anything he doesn't like. Plus, it seems like the hole is on top of the enclosure, where you won't even really be able to see it.

I recommend that you collect some nice looking branches of a couple different diameters from outside (or you can buy them from a store if you prefer, but I'm trying to show you how cheap it can be) to use in their. Those little twigs you're using are all right, but very very thin. Chameleons benefit from having thicker branches to stretch their feet muscles. Plus, once it gets older, those twigs will be too small for it

Just tell him that it's not a big deal! There's no reason to be upset about it. The holes don't ruin the structural integrity of the enclosure. They're not big enough to let the chameleon escape. And you're right! There are screen patches you can buy and attach to cover anything he doesn't like. Plus, it seems like the hole is on top of the enclosure, where you won't even really be able to see it.

I recommend that you collect some nice looking branches of a couple different diameters from outside (or you can buy them from a store if you prefer, but I'm trying to show you how cheap it can be) to use in their. Those little twigs you're using are all right, but very very thin. Chameleons benefit from having thicker branches to stretch their feet muscles. Plus, once it gets older, those twigs will be too small for it
right thanks a lot.

these chameleons r soo tuff. my dad just came home and yelled the crap out at me. bc the hole and the cage is too big. like he would know. and he’s not helping me with my mist king because he doesn’t want his floors to warp. IT WILL BE ON A TABLE like sorry for ranting but i’m soo done. like why can’t i get anything right with these stupid things

like a 2x2x4 isn’t even big. it’s recomended. please i need encouragement. i may not sound mad but i am. like i’ve done soo much and he comes. and wrecks it like he’s had them before me. and he was going off about my house being an encloursie for them I have 2 in different rooms and HE BOUGHT THE OTHER ONE AND I TAKE CARE of it... makes me so mad

? I'm not understanding your post. My cages are 24x24x48.. All my cages use Dragon ledges. Having Aquarium silicon on hand is a must for screen cages.

? I'm not understanding your post. My cages are 24x24x48.. All my cages use Dragon ledges. Having Aquarium silicon on hand is a must for screen cages.
let me just like say all of today. i’m building my new 24x24x48 and i use zip ties and i made some holes in the mesh and my dad is pissed. he thinks the cage is to big for a adult male veiled... and then he isn’t helping me out my mist king together bc he doesn’t want his hard wood floor getting “Warpedd” and i’m just upset i try to hard and on this place 24/7 and my dad assumes stuff and burst my bubble. so i need some encouragement

let me just like say all of today. i’m building my new 24x24x48 and i use zip ties and i made some holes in the mesh and my dad is pissed. he thinks the cage is to big for a adult male veiled... and then he isn’t helping me out my mist king together bc he doesn’t want his hard wood floor getting “Warpedd” and i’m just upset i try to hard and on this place 24/7 and my dad assumes stuff and burst my bubble. so i need some encouragement

and i heard him say it’s a lion cage... pisses me off. makes me soo mad HE DONE 0 RESEARCH

Oh, he will get over it. You can fix the holes with Silicon.. Get those dragon ledges installed. The bigger the better.. I have a Panther anything smaller than 2xx24x48 wont work. You can make it so the misting wont get on the floor. I use window shrink film to keep the moisture in. My bottom is a Screen with a large tote for water waste. The best advise I could give you is. Don't let someone else's anger change who you are. Let that noise pass and just agree. It will save you allot of stress.

Back
Top Bottom