Cage Upgrade - Best Options?

Valsecchi

I have a 3ftx1ftx1ft cage, and I was wondering what the best upgrade option would be?
I was thinking of just getting another cage the same size and attaching them to each other, side by side- but I wanted opinions on that before I went out and bought a whole second "chameleon kit" to get the cage.

For a male veiled you'll want at least 2x2x4 ft. Can we see pics of his current enclosure?

Here is a pic. Is there by chance a cage you could link me to that I could purchase, or would I have to build my own cage at this point?

Attachments

• 20200802_103109.jpg
    20200802_103109.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 107
He is a veiled!
So basically if you attached a second it will give you a wide format which is great. But the issue is in the height... the cham kit is only 30 inches high. This becomes an issue when it comes to usable space and the lighting. When using T5HO fixtures and a 5.0 UVB bulb you need a 9 inch drop between the top of the cage and where the fixture sits. So if the fixture is on the top and not raise off of it you have 9 inches at the top of the cage that are now unusable. Leaving you with 27 inches of space but they do not spend much time in the bottom part of their cage... Mostly it is the top half. If you have a taller format cage then adding a second would be great. I think in the end you would be better off buying a larger enclosure. 2x2x4 then if you wanted you could connect two of these. He would love that much space.

So basically if you attached a second it will give you a wide format which is great. But the issue is in the height... the cham kit is only 30 inches high. This becomes an issue when it comes to usable space and the lighting. When using T5HO fixtures and a 5.0 UVB bulb you need a 9 inch drop between the top of the cage and where the fixture sits. So if the fixture is on the top and not raise off of it you have 9 inches at the top of the cage that are now unusable. Leaving you with 27 inches of space but they do not spend much time in the bottom part of their cage... Mostly it is the top half. If you have a taller format cage then adding a second would be great. I think in the end you would be better off buying a larger enclosure. 2x2x4 then if you wanted you could connect two of these. He would love that much space.
Is there somewhere you could link me to buy a new cage? I seem unable to find anything bigger (most are same or smaller), and anything custom built is a whole other state away from me.

I could build my own but id have to look into how to go about that.

Is there somewhere you could link me to buy a new cage? I seem unable to find anything bigger (most are same or smaller), and anything custom built is a whole other state away from me.

I could build my own but id have to look into how to go about that.
You will want to search for the 2X2X4 format. Unfortunately stock is hard to find right now with Covid. you could do a Dragon strand cage. THey are better made and have a drip tray and dragon ledges. www.dragonstrand.com

dragon strand are very good. I would also recommend you to get rid of as much of those live plants as possible

Back
Top Bottom