Cage UPGRADE 2.0

Kamikaze Chameleon

Avid Member
So this will be my thread for my chams upgrade to his new large hybrid dragonstrand! ? I will be using this to document, ask questions, and get feedback. I plan on creating a custom background with the pond and foam spray, i have drawn up a few different blueprints and still not entierly sure how i want to have it set up but ill get to that later. Right now im trying to find supportbeams that i will use to reinforce for my pots. While i do like the look of the sticks as support, i really want to MAXIMIZE the space i have inside the enclosure. i need something cheap, waterproof and heat resistant. I think i saw @Beman used aluminum for your supports? I was looking for the thread but couldnt find it. My other thought was just pvc bar but that might be a little more expensive? How does this look for the layout of the supports? I know its not perfect but im working from my phone and dont have a straight line option ?

Attachments

• 20201014_173737.jpg
    20201014_173737.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 45
I think you should put a Sauna in the left lower corner. A 3 stool bar in the upper right corner and a disco ball in the middle with laser lights in all 4 upper corners. Really trick it out. :LOL:

So this will be my thread for my chams upgrade to his new large hybrid dragonstrand! ? I will be using this to document, ask questions, and get feedback. I plan on creating a custom background with the pond and foam spray, i have drawn up a few different blueprints and still not entierly sure how i want to have it set up but ill get to that later. Right now im trying to find supportbeams that i will use to reinforce for my pots. While i do like the look of the sticks as support, i really want to MAXIMIZE the space i have inside the enclosure. i need something cheap, waterproof and heat resistant. I think i saw @Beman used aluminum for your supports? I was looking for the thread but couldnt find it. My other thought was just pvc bar but that might be a little more expensive? How does this look for the layout of the supports? I know its not perfect but im working from my phone and dont have a straight line option ?
Ehhh that was for outside the enclosure... I would not recommend it for inside. If your looking at something for support to build out with pond foam look into plastic egg crate. I think that is what it is called.

Ehhh that was for outside the enclosure... I would not recommend it for inside. If your looking at something for support to build out with pond foam look into plastic egg crate. I think that is what it is called.

Oh? Okay well i have the pond and stone and yea plan on doing that but i want to set up my supports BEFORE i spray it, I guess ill just use pvc. They go on the inside of the cage to support the planter pots that will hang on the sides and be zip tied toogether.

It may be easiest to search for "light diffuser". It is called eggcrate by hobbyists, but it is a light diffuser. You can find it online or at the local big box hardware store.

Oh? Okay well i have the pond and stone and yea plan on doing that but i want to set up my supports BEFORE i spray it, I guess ill just use pvc. They go on the inside of the cage to support the planter pots that will hang on the sides and be zip tied toogether.
I used Bamboo poles for my supports.

Im going for this look but i might restrict it to one side and the back and will have it around my planters/pots. Ive got the coconut fibers and everything but still need to get more plants ??? feels like it never ends!

Attachments

• great-stuff-progression.jpg
    great-stuff-progression.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 91
Im going for this look but i might restrict it to one side and the back and will have it around my planters/pots. Ive got the coconut fibers and everything but still need to get more plants ??? feels like it never ends!
Just remember the foam expands. The more you use the more room it takes up in the enclosure. @Lennoncham didn't you use foam for the walls of your enclosure?

wear gloves!

I have done my 3 Cham cages and multiple tanks for other animals with the spray foam.

I have never used supports for the pots I just spray some foam where I want them and press It in then let it dry a while and spray foam around it later.

But I see you have a dragon strand cage. Hmm I’m not sure how I would go about that.

you don’t want to spray foam the whole thing at once. Do smaller areas it does expand after all. You can always go back later and spray more where you need it.

you will want to wear gloves when working with the spray foam. It’s seems almost impossible to get off skin.

Awesome! Thanks for the help, looking into those now! Ive worked with it for an art project b4, not the pond and stone kind but i KNOW that it is COMPLETELY unforgiving on the skin!...remember it being on me for days ?

Back
Top Bottom