Cage Stand

chameeeleon

What do you guys use for an enclosure stand? I have an XL Reptibreeze and I can't seem to find anything that is 2ft x 2ft! Something like a nightstand with a cabinet would work. Or an aquarium stand, but those are expensive.

Also side question: What kind of bendy vines do you use? I saw some at a store recently but the texturized rubber stuff started to come off as soon as I picked it up...

I have a 2' x 2' vivarium that my Cham stays in; I was keeping her vivarium on top of my low profile dresser. I looked at stands for a little while and actually decided to build my own; if you are crafty it isn't hard to build one to fit your needs. The internet is full of build plans. I know Exo Terra sells cabinet stands; as far as pricing, you would have to check there site.

I posted a pic of my stand build currently in progress; I even turned the bottom into a built in hermit crab cage for my wife hermits. But like I said just get creative..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 710
What do you guys use for an enclosure stand? I have an XL Reptibreeze and I can't seem to find anything that is 2ft x 2ft! Something like a nightstand with a cabinet would work. Or an aquarium stand, but those are expensive.

I found a nice stand on Craigslist that measured 24x24.

I am having the same issue! I saw a coffee table on Ikea.com that was a 30''x 30'' that could work. But I haven't decided if it was worth it or if I should just try and make my own.

As far as vines go i use exo terra not seen the zoo med but gess they are just the same
I fold mine in half and twist them looks alot nicer than just staght

Thanks for the help everyone, I'll probably just end up building one. I'm going to check out home depot today, I might find something there.

I searched high and low for a 24" square table that didn't cost a fortune. This was over a year ago, but I never did find anything that was quite right. I ended up building a custom enclosure, so it became a non-issue. Tarzhay (that's how fancy people pronounce Target) used to have some 18" square put together tables for about $20. They might do in a pinch or until you find something better.

I made one from 18mm ply with drainage tray system love it but the drain base is only 18inch because it's for a baby but the stand is built to house a 24x24 cage :)
ypeqa2yp.jpg

I love that drain tray - Where did you get it ? (the stand is nice too)
I went in the opposite direction - I got the stand first (a kitchen cart from Overstock) and then got the cages to match-
The cart I found fit the dragonstrand breeder cage perfectly - I just put it together without the drawer and top - I then had Canvas build me one to the same measurements - I don't need a divider and I'm quite happy with it - I would be a bit happier if I hadn't tried to save 2 dollars and ended up with two different carts - the one I got from Amazon had 1/2 inch less space so I needed to do adjusting and the handles are different. I have a bigger cart and cage that Canvas is now doing.
I use a mixture of different vines but I don't really like the exoterra - they seem shorter and not as bendable I like these better

http://www.amazon.com/Fluker-Labs-S...upplies_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=15BMTJS6X2BAAMNA5ZKV

Back
Top Bottom