Cage size?

Blue84

Hey all just a quick question i've recently moved my Veiled chameleon into a larger cage its 18x18x36 he was in a smaller one before anyway the question is is this to big for a 3 to 4 old chameleon he seems to love it but im concerned with his feeding when I usually feed him he gets the crickets right away now its taking him longer will he adjust to having to hunt in a larger area or should I move him back to his smaller enclosure?

you mean 3 to 4 month old? Not yr old? If so, that size is not too big at all. It won't be long and it will be TOO small! Try cup feeding the crickets if you are worried about it. I got my cham at 4 months and I put him in a 30 X 36 X18 from day one and he never had any trouble hunting them down at all. i would just leave him adjust. He will get the hang of it.

Yes 3or4 months old okay yeah ill just let him adjust im so nervous he's my boy ya know ive had him for a month just don't want anything bad to happen ya know oh and thanks Carol!

oh I know, join the club of worrying! It seems to come with the territory of owning a chameleon! lol!!!

Back
Top Bottom