Cage size ?

MastinoMike

Me and my son purchased a screen cage from diy. 48H, 24L, 24D . We have just about collected all of our supplies for the set up. Is buying a small panther for this cage out of the question? Can housing a juv male panther in a large cage possible? If so what are some tips? I didnt want to buy a smaller cage then move up. Should we just shop for a larger panther?

In wild they also come into the "big" world. I wouldn't be afraid to put a little one in the big cage. Just make sure his food won't escape, for in larger enclosures they are less likely to catch it.

Sometimes a young panther can not find the food in a large cage. If you buy one under 6 or 7 months old, I would put a divider of some sort to make the cage shorter.

I had the same problem. but all i did was stack 2 boxes in the bottom and cut out a peice of posterboard to fit in. so now its 2x2x2. but i have to cup feed cause there are few places where the crix can get through. hope this helps ;)

think nature man, the forests are bigger than a 4x2x2 :rolleyes: and they always find food just find. just establish him to cup feeding, place crickets in a cup and show him the food untill he follows the cup over to the place you will be placing the cup at, some keepers say put it under their favorite perch, but i say, take some time out and feed him yourself. i trained my wild caught pygmies to cup feed the other day when i first got them

If he will not cup feed and is having trouble finding food, place a barrier in to make the cage smaller. Not all chams will cup feed or hand feed. Just keep a close eye on him.

I guess making sure the little guy is eating and drinking is the most important thing in a large screen cage. If he is having trouble section the cage off. Got it! Thanx. My next question is, wich sub species of panther is the most prized? Im trying to narrow my choices down. Hopefully Ill b ready in the next 2 weeks.

It's all a matter of opinions and what colors you like best. Personally, I like the red/orange/yellow east coast locales best and am not too fond of the more blue chameleons. There are others who love the blue guys and not so much the other locales. It just depends.

Back
Top Bottom