Cage Setup

Kecleon

Established Member
Hi there guy's,

I'm back after a long time finally coming to a ending to get my little friend,i just wanted get some advice from you guy's,cause i got the cage but the screen holes were to big so i went to buy a whole new set of little holes screen but i'm going to put it on the big holes setup and that's why i posted it to get some advice.

Here's the cage:
CageSetup.jpg

Can you see how big the holes are.
I am about to put 2 Ficus trees in the cage cut out a hole in the bottom of the cage and in the middle for the 2 trees and in 2 corners of the cage i'll put a Pothos Plant, in the middle of the cage i'll cut a hole out for my little buddy to cross from tree to tree(Bought 2 vines) to put in there and in the same middle of the screen in the bottom i'll leave like a screen wall.
Put 2 Drippers above each tree. But in the bottom i was gonna put some old news paper to cover the bottom or a towel on both sides.

Which one do you guy's think is the best: the Old News Paper or Towel?

And here is the the other screen with the small holes:
CageSteup2.jpg

And do you guy's think i can let some house flies loose in the cage when i put the small hole screen around it so that they won't escape before he eats them?

P.S. it will be an out door cage.

Well I'm glad you were finally able to get a chameleon in your little island paradise. The cage seems really big, what type of chameleon is it and how old is it? Also if it's going to be outside, why bother with the newspaper or paper towel. Just wondering.

The only I'd worry about is the food being able to escape. Maybe you should cup feed him/her?

Thanks for the replies,don't have the little fella yet but working on it,and towel just in case if he fell or something,and i'm about to order a Juvenile Veiled Chameleon about 4 months old.

That's one of my worry's to that's why i bought the smaller hole screen,but i am thinking to feed him grasshoppers and flies.

What do you guy's think about it?

Like I said, I would cup feed, unless they are big grasshoppers, 4 month old Veileds are big, but not that big.

Is there somebody else that can help me with some info or am i doing just fine need the info guy's.

:confused:

Didn't see the P.S. I think the houseflies will get through the holes, the flies are small.

Here are some pic's while i was working right now:
CageSetup001.jpg

Beginning of putting the screen with small holes

CageSetup002.jpg

CageSetup003.jpg

CageSetup004.jpg

This is where i am about to put the cage between a Papaya Tree and a Banana Tree and he'll get allot of humidity cause my AC is just in the back of it.

CageSetup005.jpg

This is my American Bulldog Butch,watching out for me. LOL

CageSetup006.jpg

Here is my other dog CaneCorso doing Lazy.

CageSetup007.jpg

Here he is again camera Shy. LOL

And now back to the cage be right back guy's.

Back
Top Bottom