Cage review?

Bubblestheousaletchameleo

Established Member
Hi this is my baby chameleons cage can you guys rate it please.

im gonna add some more plants to the cage just letting you know!

Attachments

• F6841D40-DE73-484E-8374-F3E7BB6C3785.jpeg
    F6841D40-DE73-484E-8374-F3E7BB6C3785.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 6A04EA9C-8717-46BC-A596-FE259FF76C6E.jpeg
    6A04EA9C-8717-46BC-A596-FE259FF76C6E.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 746950EF-8634-4F43-B9BA-58E9DB4999CC.jpeg
    746950EF-8634-4F43-B9BA-58E9DB4999CC.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 05893E09-18CA-4EB4-A425-E55C7C954553.jpeg
    05893E09-18CA-4EB4-A425-E55C7C954553.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 64
The vines with the moss on them aren’t good for chams. I’m not sure what species of cham you have but looks like maybe a veiled? They will eat that moss on the vines and also the plastic plants and it can cause an impact ion in their bowels and nobody wants that or the vet bill that comes with it! They will need to be taken out. Can you get more branches placed across the cage at different levels for climbing and basking? Can you post a picture of your cage from top to bottom so we cabn see the lights and everything?

The vines with the moss on them aren’t good for chams. I’m not sure what species of cham you have but looks like maybe a veiled? They will eat that moss on the vines and also the plastic plants and it can cause an impact ion in their bowels and nobody wants that or the vet bill that comes with it! They will need to be taken out. Can you get more branches placed across the cage at different levels for climbing and basking? Can you post a picture of your cage from top to bottom so we cabn see the lights and everything?
Spot-on on everything except for that it is a female panther. With that said, everything else Linda said stills applies. A picture of the entire cage, including the lights, will help us determine if you need to make any more changes. Have you filled out the form posted below before? If so, you can copy and paste your answers.

Here's the form @Bubblestheousaletchameleo
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Spot-on on everything except for that it is a female panther. With that said, everything else Linda said stills applies. A picture of the entire cage, including the lights, will help us determine if you need to make any more changes. Have you filled out the form posted below before? If so, you can copy and paste your answers.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Lolol! Sorry Mendez. I’m not good at identifying these babies!

Chameleon Info:

Cage Info:

--------------

Please Note:
What’s so wrong with a female panther just wondering

After re-reading my post, I can see how it sounds bad. That was not my intention.

I love female panthers--probablyy more so than the males. Panthers are awesome!

The main reason why you shouldn't want a mossy vine is because those stay wet and moist and become a bacteria paradise, also the cham could ingest it or get it's nails stuck in it @Bubblestheousaletchameleo I agree on adding some more foliage and maybe get some thicker vines when the baby grows. Filling up the form is the best way to get infos on things we can't see through pictures.

I would suggest an hanging pot with pothos with long vines, those are definitely hard to kill, safe for chams and serve the purpose very well. I use metal wires if it's close to the heatlamp and fishing line if it's safe from the heat.

Back
Top Bottom