Cage Remodel, Opinions anyone?

Apl3jck

So I just remodeled goggles cage and I was wondering if there is anything you guys think I should do/change?

SAM_1668.jpg
SAM_1671.jpg
SAM_1670.jpg

I know we usually complain about not enough foilage, but on this one I am gonna say this....towards the top those horizontal branches...well, I would maybe snip off some of the small branches so your cham has more breathing room to go back and forth if he chooses. It is kinda congested and looks as if it may be hard for him to maneuver. That is just my opinion and observation and maybe you will tell me differently as I do not see your chameleon in motion. Other than that looks good!

You know I was wondering just that... I think Ill go with what you say and snip a few, he seems like he can move, but your right it may be easier if I give him a bit more space.

yeah, you want him to be able to move freely back and forth. It kinda looks like that would be impossible! Those branches look rather thin too I have to say. You want them to be supportive enough that he is not trying to do a balancing act like a trapeeze artist!!!! lol!!!

yeah, you want him to be able to move freely back and forth. It kinda looks like that would be impossible! Those branches look rather thin too I have to say. You want them to be supportive enough that he is not trying to do a balancing act like a trapeeze artist!!!! lol!!!
well there a bit thin but hes also pretty small, hes done fine on those branches ever since I got him. He does come from a family of trapeze artists though, so that may play an important role in his success...

Regarding above posts I agree that if the branches are rotating or rolling it will be annoying for him. At least make sure the perch under his heat lamp is stable and at the right distance.

As for the density of vegetation I say pack as much foliage in there as possible. It is a very big cage for him so there is plenty of space, and from personal experience the species likes to tunnel if desired. Just make sure he can find his food!

He is growing fast. Great work. Are his horns getting a bit crossed though?

Regarding above posts I agree that if the branches are rotating or rolling it will be annoying for him. At least make sure the perch under his heat lamp is stable and at the right distance.

As for the density of vegetation I say pack as much foliage in there as possible. It is a very big cage for him so there is plenty of space, and from personal experience the species likes to tunnel if desired. Just make sure he can find his food!

He is growing fast. Great work. Are his horns getting a bit crossed though?
They aren't crossing luckily, the are curving in the same direction and staying parallel. its not a real dramatic curve either, doesn't look like something thats gonna bother him too much. and as for the branches being stable, he has a good number of thick bamboo branches now. He also has that ficus plant set up so that he has a nice perch by his basking lamp along with someplace to take shelter in case he gets frightened.

They aren't crossing luckily, the are curving in the same direction and staying parallel. its not a real dramatic curve either, doesn't look like something thats gonna bother him too much. and as for the branches being stable, he has a good number of thick bamboo branches now. He also has that ficus plant set up so that he has a nice perch by his basking lamp along with someplace to take shelter in case he gets frightened.

Got it. I would be surprised if he had horn problems (rubbing) with a cage that big. That growth pattern sounds right.

Plants all sound good. If the bamboo is slick or polished abrade it with some sandpaper or scratch it up with a knife or just rub it on the curb to rough it up.

Wow sandpapers a great idea! I can't believe I didn't think of that. I'll do it today. Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom