Cage Questions

missjay78

Hello everyone. I am new to the Cham world and my baby is scheduled to arrive at my door from Lllreptile.com on Friday!!!! I have the cage set up but I have a question. I have the thermometer only a few inches under the heat lamp (is this correct?) and the temp is reading 90 to 95 degrees. I don't have the lamp directly on top of the cage. It is lifted. I have vines at different levels under the heat lamp, a hybiscus plant on the left and a golden pothos on the right. I attached a picture. Any help or advise would be great. Oh the drip system is on it's way but I figure initial I will spray very frequently (i'm a stay at home mom). I'm hoping that will be fine.

Attachments

• 2011-05-04_21-04-25_407.jpg
    2011-05-04_21-04-25_407.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 161
Acouple of things and just my opinion. I would not use those tupperware containers under the plants. They are too deep and if your chameleon was to fall in there(I assume you are getting a baby or juvi), it does not appear he could crawl out. I use dinner plates under my plants and they hold a decent amount of water as the plant drains. Sometimes it will go over the side and I just wipe up with a towel. I would lower my basking to about 85 degrees.

Thank you so much. I moved the heat lamp up further and filled the tupperware with rocks. I AM getting a baby so thank you for pointing that out.

Thank you so much. I moved the heat lamp up further and filled the tupperware with rocks. I AM getting a baby so thank you for pointing that out.

I don't mean to sound ridiculous but are the rocks real small? If so, you have to worry about your chameleon eating them or accidentally injesting them. I would hate to see something happen to your new little addition as I am sure you would. We would love to see some pics when he/she arrives! Welcome to the forums!

They are fairly big, like the palm of my hand and some are smaller but not ingestible. You don't sound ridiculous!!! Gotta cover all points. Some of us may slip and neglect "thinking"! As I obviously did with the tuperware. Haha! Thank you for the help and concern. I will show pics on Friday if he allows me (supposed to be a he) :)

Back
Top Bottom