cage mates? taboo or.....

@Olimpia

even that sounds old, pretty cool though. maybe becuase there were no females around there was less reason for tension and territorial displays. i remember my one panther had the sweetest personality until i mated him. after that he got this testosterone infused attitude like he was some tough guy.

Cerberus and Charlotte sleeping together, before she reached sexual maturity and swore off men: http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8832/cerberusandcharlottesle.jpg

Young Daedalus and Cobalt eating out of the communal feeding "cup," a large white storage container into which I'd dump in food every day: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2271/cobaltanddaedaluseatingy.jpg

Cerberus out to watch TV with me: http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7656/img1084q.jpg

Cerberus and Cobalt during a shower: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7884/img3895bh.jpg

They are so adorable! love the sworn off men part!

I have almost a 500sq foot free range whom I have a male panther and a male melerri that live together....

The meller will go wherever he pleases, the panther seems to mind it when he takes his basking spot (although there are mutliple ones for him to go to) other than that no fighting or puffing or angry coloration

I also had golden tree frog that was living in there for quite some time before he died, he stopped eating despite my attempts at constant feeding of every sort. The frog was an amazing pet to have, he'd hop around and follow me around my apartment, lol. Just watching me...The frog actually preferred to sleep close to the meller if not on him. Which the meller didn't mind at all.

Free range is really great to see the way your animals react and act naturally, whereas a cage you are kind of forcing them on eachother...

I have almost a 500sq foot free range whom I have a male panther and a male melerri that live together....

The meller will go wherever he pleases, the panther seems to mind it when he takes his basking spot (although there are mutliple ones for him to go to) other than that no fighting or puffing or angry coloration

I also had golden tree frog that was living in there for quite some time before he died, he stopped eating despite my attempts at constant feeding of every sort. The frog was an amazing pet to have, he'd hop around and follow me around my apartment, lol. Just watching me...The frog actually preferred to sleep close to the meller if not on him. Which the meller didn't mind at all.

Free range is really great to see the way your animals react and act naturally, whereas a cage you are kind of forcing them on eachother...

you should post some pics, i had a dumpy free ranging (actually just escaped) for a little while he made a watering can into a house. till one day i was moving cages around and smushed him ;(

i also had a tokay, that was free range, just recently die. he was probably about 7-8 so i cant feel too bad. he did an awesome job taking care of any escaped crickets and spiders and centipedes.

you should add another frog i bet the mellers misses him :p

so what your saying is I could put my 2 hermit crabs in with my few months old veild chammy? I'm getting a 18inch wide , 3 feet long and 3 feet tall screen cage I'd like to down size on the amount of tanks I have around. also my almost 2 year old veild female just past away )': I'm not sure what to do with her yet. she was the cutest ever

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 244
so what your saying is I could put my 2 hermit crabs in with my few months old veild chammy? I'm getting a 18inch wide , 3 feet long and 3 feet tall screen cage I'd like to down size on the amount of tanks I have around. also my almost 2 year old veild female just past away )': I'm not sure what to do with her yet. she was the cutest ever
No, in the space you will have in this cage you are asking for problems. the chance that they will interfere with each other increases as the size of the living space decreases. If you had a very roomy setup where the chams and the crabs may never interact, then it could work as past posters have described. and, as you don't have female chams any longer (is this right?) you don't need the substrate for egg laying anyway.

No, in the space you will have in this cage you are asking for problems. the chance that they will interfere with each other increases as the size of the living space decreases. If you had a very roomy setup where the chams and the crabs may never interact, then it could work as past posters have described. and, as you don't have female chams any longer (is this right?) you don't need the substrate for egg laying anyway.
I'm probably gonna get or make a 3'x4'x4' tall cage. Would it be ok to put a tree frog in there?

no I don't have her any longer )': she past away on Saturday , she wasn't eatting and was pacing the bottom like she does when she's going to lay eggs , she had substrate in the how tank and the girl I got her from had a bucket of dirt as well that I just left with her for comfort cuz she was used to it , she then went in her bucket Friday night fell asleep then Saturday morning she was awake and moving in the bucket (as I might add full access to in and out of it) so we left her alone and I went to work and my boyfriend said an hour or two later he went to look at her and she was a total different colour and not moving ):

Back
Top Bottom