Cage floor

Mobudz

I need help with preferences on what to use for the cage floor on my veiled. I have made a recent post asking for help with the general care of the Cham and have had a immense amount of help, only a few questions left such as brand of supplements to use and preferences on what to use for cage floor.
F219242C-EB51-4607-8ED1-0C55F422D50D.jpeg
8042C40E-2D38-4A98-A626-DC5C70903278.jpeg

Hi. Keeping the floor bare is best, unless you are doing bioactive. I doubt you want to go that route just yet, so keep it bare. Is much easier to keep clean and hygienic. For supplements, the choices are almost endless. I use these two. The plain calcium WITHOUT D3 for every feeding except one every other week, in which I use the Reptivite WITH D3.
87600A0D-BC06-426E-9F1D-C3CE0AA56AEA.jpeg 7F09CCD8-A768-47E2-8CE7-991F878D380C.jpeg

Generally, I agree—if not fully bioactive then no substrate at all. It's the definition of "no substrate" where I may vary, and what I did depends on what mfr./model or DIY enclosure you have.

My enclosure came with 2 floors (either/or)—a piece of solid sheet PVC, or a screen panel.
Since I have all live plants (in pots) and mist more often than many, I used the screen panel, but I placed that on top of a piece of ceiling egg crate cut to the same size. The egg crate distributes the weight of the pots so they don't damage the screen, and the screen allows water to drain through to the drain pan, keeping the "floor" dry.

1637779997234.png

I vacuum up any debris & 💩 weekly, and spot-spritz any soiled screen with Nature's Miracle, which breaks down the 💩 and eliminates any odors.

You may find some other ideas in the Drainage thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom