Cage criticism?

Kam0408

Established Member
So I bought a mew 2x2x4 reptibreeze cage and have all live plants and stuff in it. I will attach pics, but also wen I do the top half is not filled out, I know, I need to get a few more things before I can start on it but I was going to ask for some constructive criticism for it now. Thanks:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 87
No big rocks covering dirt, other than that....

And what is that fluorescent, a 12-18"? Never seen one that short vs the standard 22"

You are off to a great start. Just need to fill out that top area with branches... If your using a t5ho fixture with a 5.0 bulb then your going to want to have the closest branch 9 inches below the top screen for the correct UVI level.

You are going to want to pull the cage up on a table. They really do not like being floor level because when you walk around they are looking up at you rather than looking down on you. This is a safety thing for them. And the safer they feel the less stressed they will be.

I do cover the dirt in my pots with 1-2 inch rock... Otherwise they do try to eat the dirt.

might consider pulling the heat lamp more toward the middle so it is not sitting right over the plant in the back right as well.

So zip ties to brace stuff. If you can anchor to something other then the screen it would be easier. There is the plastic egg crate you can use... You could actually put these in as side walls on the sides and back. @Gingero uses them in the bottoms of her cages... @Klyde O'Scope has used them as well. Maybe they could put the links up for you to see what I am talking about. hook them together with zip ties on the corners and slide them in. Or you could use plastic trellis and do the same with it.

So zip ties to brace stuff. If you can anchor to something other then the screen it would be easier. There is the plastic egg crate you can use... You could actually put these in as side walls on the sides and back. @Gingero uses them in the bottoms of her cages... @Klyde O'Scope has used them as well. Maybe they could put the links up for you to see what I am talking about. hook them together with zip ties on the corners and slide them in. Or you could use plastic trellis and do the same with it.
There are a number of things that can be done. I use the ceiling egg crate for a trellis up the back wall for vines ( Tradescantia zebrinus, Epipremnum aureum ) to climb, and on the floor under the screen to support & distribute the weight of plant pots and allow drainage into a tray below. I suppose it could be used on the sidewalls; it should be able to support the weight of dowels smaller than the holes in the grating, but I'm not sure how much weight beyond that (like a hanging plant).

1611518824704.png

1611518972513.png

Another thing I've done to raise the center pot is place it on the same size pot turned upside-down.

Back
Top Bottom