Cage cover for screen cage and humidity

pantherchamlove36

Established Member
Hey y’all I bought an all screen cage by accident but it’s all I can afford right now. I need to increase humidity and I’ve heard there is such thing as a cage cover to wrap around cage for increases in humidity does anyone know of this and where to buy? Thanks

Use can use anything to wrap 3 sides, and just leave the top and front open for air flow. Shower curtains and table covers are like 2 bucks, i should know because my cockatiel eats one every 3 weeks. Though occasionally we get too bright of one and it just stares at it.

People use things like window insulation film, shower curtains, trash bags, table covers ect. On the backs of all of my enclosures I used thin foam rubber yoga mats that you can get in various colors. Lol

Attachments

• 20230203_102448.jpg
    20230203_102448.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 56
Home depot sells corrugated plastic panels. You can cut them down to fit the back and sides. They sell a 4x8 foot sheet. Very easy to cut as well. Then use command strips to hook it to the outside frame of the cage.

Hey y’all I bought an all screen cage by accident but it’s all I can afford right now. I need to increase humidity and I’ve heard there is such thing as a cage cover to wrap around cage for increases in humidity does anyone know of this and where to buy? Thanks
It should be ok. Screen cages are more ideal for chameleons because they need a lot of ventilation. Here we mist the cage very well 20 minutes before lights on, 20 minutes after lights out, use live plants in the cage to help keep humidity up (we always water them at night when lights are off) and a dripper on top of the cage that suns several hours during the day. With that schedule your chameleon will be ok. You can also increase overall humidity in the room by setting a large bowl of filtered water next to the center on the floor. If humidity isn’t high enough at night you may notice his skin looking very wrinkled, his eyes being a bit sinking in, a lot of orange in what should be the white part of his urate or extra thirsty behavior during the day. In that case I would suggest adding a second misting session during the night. But if none of this is observed the regular schedule is ok. Hope this helps.

Your ventilation is totally dependent on overall house ambient humidity. A person living in a very low humidity area will have extreme issues trying to get higher humidity with an all screen enclosure and a person living in really high humidity would want more screen to create more even cage humidity levels. Misting times again are dependent on your environment. A cage in a very high humidity area would be drenched and not dry out enough with extremely long misting sessions. I also would never put a bowl of water in a chameleon enclosure. Not only is this a good way for bacteria to grow but a safety issue for small chams that might get stuck down in the bowl.

Your ventilation is totally dependent on overall house ambient humidity. A person living in a very low humidity area will have extreme issues trying to get higher humidity with an all screen enclosure and a person living in really high humidity would want more screen to create more even cage humidity levels. Misting times again are dependent on your environment. A cage in a very high humidity area would be drenched and not dry out enough with extremely long misting sessions. I also would never put a bowl of water in a chameleon enclosure. Not only is this a good way for bacteria to grow but a safety issue for small chams that might get stuck down in the bowl.
Yes, agreed! Don’t ever put a bowl of water in the chameleons cage. As stated above, it can go on the floor in the room, near the vent. We sometimes do this in the winter when the air is extremely dry. Also change it everyday. We find it does not collect and spread bacteria in the room the way the humidifiers do and it is enough to make the room a more comfortable for them in terms of humidity 😁👍

Back
Top Bottom