Cage cover at night

topmanollie

hi, i’m super new to the community and i’m getting a chameleon soon. i’ve been doing a lot of research and i read they they like complete darkness at night and i can’t sleep without a black light. so i was wondering what can cover their cage with darkness and let them breathe / not overheat as well. would a bird cover work, wouldn’t a sheet not cover enough light?

hi, i’m super new to the community and i’m getting a chameleon soon. i’ve been doing a lot of research and i read they they like complete darkness at night and i can’t sleep without a black light. so i was wondering what can cover their cage with darkness and let them breathe / not overheat as well. would a bird cover work, wouldn’t a sheet not cover enough light?
Either one. You don’t need any supplemental heat at night, and anything that allows a little airflow and blocks out light will work.

I never had a problem with ambient light. A 30" tv not facing the cham will be fine in terms of light level. I have multiple night lights along the walls too. Plus most chams are going to "the sleeping stick" long before even cage lights out, let alone room lights.

Just make sure your cage is heavily planted - they will bed down behind the plants and it won't matter. Mine are in a reptile room, off of the dining room. When we have company over the light is on and they have ambiant light from there, however it's never been an issue.

You said..."i read they they like complete darkness at night and i can’t sleep without a black light"... do you mean the UVB producing type of black light? Is it in the ceiling or beside your bed?

Back
Top Bottom