cage building

Lexlynn

Established Member
I’m moving in 2 weeks and I really just want to move in from this flimsy screen cage and go fully bioactive. We were going try to do it in a hutch or armoire but none are deep enough. Does anyone have cage building tutorials ?? I was going to order the dragon stand one but it won’t be here soon enough

I’m moving in 2 weeks and I really just want to move in from this flimsy screen cage and go fully bioactive. We were going try to do it in a hutch or armoire but none are deep enough. Does anyone have cage building tutorials ?? I was going to order the dragon stand one but it won’t be here soon enough
When you say, "cage building tutorials," do you mean actually building an enclosure from scratch, or decorating/outfitting and enclosure with plants, branches, feeders, etc.?

I'm writing one (for the former), but it's not anywhere near publishable.
Try the archives and this forum (for build threads), blogs, and Enclosure Picture Threads (there are 3 ATM).

When you say, "cage building tutorials," do you mean actually building an enclosure from scratch, or decorating/outfitting and enclosure with plants, branches, feeders, etc.?

I'm writing one (for the former), but it's not anywhere near publishable.
Try the archives and this forum (for build threads), blogs, and Enclosure Picture Threads (there are 3 ATM).
I want to do it from scratch. i’m thinking PvC with front and top screened for ventilation. I’ll check the threads out !! thank you

how do you put the pvc in the panel f that made sense lol?? do you have to silicone or seal anything?

how do you put the pvc in the panel f that made sense lol?? do you have to silicone or seal anything?
i’m dumb I just saw the link you attached lol thank you!!! that looks like it could be great for a frame for sure

That depends somewhat on the materials you choose, which is part of the design process.
Sealing with silicone may not be necessary, but couldn't hurt either.

PVC panels of appropriate thickness should slide right into the aluminum frame channels. That can be seen in this post: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/modifying-a-zen-habitats-cage.185885/#post-1714703

Back
Top Bottom