C calyptratus vs. T hoehnelli vs Brookesia

BleuSaphir

Avid Member
I still have three Chameleon species on my mind. The Veiled Chameleon is a handsome chameleon. Most commonly available. I’ve seen some in local pet stores and feel sorry for them. But it not made me bought one immediately. It just not my style.

I grew to love the sight of Trioceros hoehnelli here. I like they are not big as Veiled Chameleon. But space for either species is not a problem.

I have always wanted Rieppeleon brevicaudatus. But now they are so hard to find. I might go for Brookesia of any kind. I am looking to dismantle one of my aquarium for space for them. I love the idea of doing a natural terrarium for the dwarf kind.

I am not looking to keep a collection of chameleon. I want to keep one sole species as a dedication. All three of them are lovely. But so hard to choose and all have pros and cons.

Will this be your first chameleon?

If so, go with a veiled. I’m not suggesting this because I don’t think you can take care of the others appropriately, but the other two (hoehneli and Brookesia ssp.) will both be WC and can be quite challenging as a beginner.

Will this be your first chameleon?

If so, go with a veiled. I’m not suggesting this because I don’t think you can take care of the others appropriately, but the other two (hoehneli and Brookesia ssp.) will both be WC and can be quite challenging as a beginner.
If wild caught, they are going to get appointment to my trusted vet that taken concerns of my turtle health.

Yes, this would be my first.

My suggestion remains the same. Having a vet lined up is great, but I still would not suggest the others as a first chameleon
My hoehnelii was captive bred and has been extremely easy to care for. I know that wild caught are easily found, but there is a growing breeder community.

My hoehnelii was captive bred and has been extremely easy to care for. I know that wild caught are easily found, but there is a growing breeder community.
A well established captive born specimen is much different than getting a freshly imported adult

Back
Top Bottom