Buying used, what to look out for?

Carpathian

Hello everyone,
New to this forum and I like to say hello and thank you for all the quality post that have taught me so much already. I am meeting someone to pick up an entire setup with 1+yr chameleon soon. I've been browsing many articles and quality posts that have got me in the right mindset once we get him home. I do however have questions on what I need to be looking out for as far as equipment, and how to test it. The current enclosure that I will be purchasing is an old TV cabinet turned into an enclosure(i'll drop a pic). The equipment seems to range from pet store products to a mistking w/ upgraded valves. What should I be replacing or upgrading once I buy this setup. What items should be tested to ensure they are working properly and also what to look for if things seem okay but my lack of experience doesn't see a crucial flaw. I have already got my mind set on a combo tube/led uvb and 6500k lights. I love growing plants in my aquariums and I certainly can't have plants that aren't thriving in my chameleon enclosure. Any additional suggestions or items that are a must have please let me know. Thank you for your time and consideration. - Carpathian

Items included in sale
2 uv lights( looks like two cfls) something I already want to upgrade to tubes but I'd like to hear thoughts on this unit if anyone can recognize it
lcd programming unit by zoo med
heat lamp dome style
repti fogger & a stump shaped fogger
lil dripper
mist king with hoses, pumps concealed & upgraded valves

I already see that I may need to manage drainage and if there is room in under(behind drawers I will modify myself in the near future. Some suggestions on this. I know there are a ton of threads covering this. If anything specific to this enclosure please add. Sorry for the lengthy post I hope you made it this far. Thanks again for your time and consideration.

Attachments

• 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 139
  • 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 123444.jpg
    123444.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 11234.jpg
    11234.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 1111111.jpg
    1111111.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 1113.jpg
    1113.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 116
That TV stand looks like it's going to LOOK great. But how about air flow for your little guy? I'm not a pro by any means, but I know that a lot of people use screen instead of glass to allow airflow. I don't see any openings in your enclosure unless you open both doors. Just some food for thought

Back
Top Bottom