Buying my stuff

Turok777

Hello everyone, new to the group. Just starting to get stuff and was looking for input. Just don't want to suffer those "i shoulda bought that other stuff blues". Starting out with a dragon Stand hybrid cage, Arcadia Jungle dawn LED Bar & Arcadia PRO T5 6%. Along with a deep dome fixture. Hoping that will open the top a bit more for better circulation. Also a Mist King, as for the Fogger not sure yet. Phase #1. Get everything together and start on the interior, timers & gauges And way on down the road when everything is up and running consistently, time to shop for a tenant. Thanks everybody appreciate any feedback!

You are off to a great start with quality products. Guessing you already found the Chameleon academy site.... Here is a build guide for a 2x2x4 cage. https://chameleonacademy.com/case-study-2-x-2-x-4-cage/

If you decide to run a fogger at night get a top fill machine. Far easier to fill up. Pets pioneer makes one.

Plants would depend on the species of cham you get.

chameleon academy plants.png

Hello everyone, new to the group. Just starting to get stuff and was looking for input. Just don't want to suffer those "i shoulda bought that other stuff blues". Starting out with a dragon Stand hybrid cage, Arcadia Jungle dawn LED Bar & Arcadia PRO T5 6%. Along with a deep dome fixture. Hoping that will open the top a bit more for better circulation. Also a Mist King, as for the Fogger not sure yet. Phase #1. Get everything together and start on the interior, timers & gauges And way on down the road when everything is up and running consistently, time to shop for a tenant. Thanks everybody appreciate any feedback!
Welcome to the forum.

With a hybrid enclosure, depending on where you are (climate & humidity-wise), I'd hold off on the fogger to see whether you'll need it. I have a hybrid, standard (no) substrate but plenty of live plants, and humidities are fine with just a mister (2 min. every 3 hrs during the night, and once at noon).

If you find you still need the fogger, no harm done.

I use several inexpensive hygrometer/thermometers with probes, so I can get more accurate readings inside the plant canopies where he sleeps (which can be as much as 10% higher than just a few inches away).

Hi and welcome! i commend you for coming For information to set up your enclosure before you get a tenant! Lol! Youre off to a great start!

Back
Top Bottom