Buying feeders online

Lol! My husband isn't thrilled with any of it, he just stays out of the laundry/bug room.

Sounds about like my wife lol. She hates the crickets and roaches but is as fascinated with my isopods as I am. So I try to keep her concentrated on isos and their new broods of babies lol.

Lol! My husband isn't thrilled with any of it, he just stays out of the laundry/bug room.

The conversation went like this:
My wife-"How many crickets are you getting?"
Me-"A few."
My wife after seeing the receipt in our email-"500 is not a few!"
"What if the lizards don't like them?"
Me-"I've never known a bluegill to turn down a cricket."
My wife-"If any of them get out,you're eating them!"
Me-"I'm always up for new cuisine."

Nothing but dirty looks the rest of the night lol.

I don't mean to bump this thread but just wanted to say that i placed an order from rainbowmealworms Friday morning and got my package yesterday morning.. I don't think i've ever experienced such fast service from Cali to FL.. like ever. Everything was labeled, everything was tightly secured. I will absolutely buy from them again. Thank you to those who referred me to them! I will of course try the other sites as well but definitely wanted to give props to rainbow!

I don't mean to bump this thread but just wanted to say that i placed an order from rainbowmealworms Friday morning and got my package yesterday morning.. I don't think i've ever experienced such fast service from Cali to FL.. like ever. Everything was labeled, everything was tightly secured. I will absolutely buy from them again. Thank you to those who referred me to them! I will of course try the other sites as well but definitely wanted to give props to rainbow!

Interesting that you got them delivered on a Sunday. Which delivery service was used?

Interesting that you got them delivered on a Sunday. Which delivery service was used?

it was USPS i believe. at least thats what the tracking was from cause i thought the same thing

Edit: it was USPS.. checked the text msg i got telling me to bring my box indoors :p

That is awesome. Typically they only mail out priority USPS on Monday-Wednesday. I always have mine mailed on Wednesday and get it on Friday. I am in Cali though. I like their selection and prices. I have never had an issue with any of my orders or bugs from them.

I am looking to buy feeders online as I have noticed that buying from a pet store, the crickets do not last long, even with providing them food and fresh veggies. They are cheap enough where I can buy them every few days anyway but if there was a better option of buying them online, i'll take it. Can anyone give me advice as to where to look or who to buy from? I have found a few places in Cali but wanted to see if there was anything closer. I am in WPB, FL if that helps. I would also like to provide my girl with a variety so a website that offers that would be great too.

or if there were any exotic/reptile pet stores in the area since i've seen a lot of people from south FL on here as well.

TIA!
Josh frogs is also great!! And honestly you can also get most things on amazon!

Since I said what I didn't like on my previous two bug orders with ovipost, 1/8 and 1/4 escapees due to box taping, figured I'd share what I do like. The crickets and supers look healthier and seem more active then the other supplier I order through straight out of the box. What I love about them is the fact they load the boxes with carrots instead of white potatoes. This mornings arrivals...

20190416_115615.jpg 20190416_115619.jpg

This gives me faith that I will get mine today or tomorrow! I ordered Saturday night and I got a tracking number yesterday :)

I will also recommend before you getting the feeders.try set up a clean glass tank for them ...thing like egg crates...tubes...even a heat lamp.
Clean sources of water is also very important.
This is how I used to
wateringdevice.png_w=286&h=317.cf-1.png
Carolina-Cricket-Roach-Waterer-2.jpg.cf.jpg
water all my feeders with cricket waterer...include crickets, roaches...etc
U just need to clean the mesh and the red bottom parts often whenever they get dirty.
You can get this wonderful device on ebay(they get sold out pretty fast)
Guarantee minum cricket dying by drowning in the clean water.

I will also recommend before you getting the feeders.try set up a clean glass tank for them ...thing like egg crates...tubes...even a heat lamp.
Clean sources of water is also very important.
This is how I used to water all my feeders with cricket waterer...include crickets, roaches...etc
U just need to clean the mesh and the red bottom parts often whenever they get dirty.
You can get this wonderful device on ebay(they get sold out pretty fast)
Guarantee minum cricket dying by drowning in the clean water.
So question I’m still waiting on acceptance or something for my roaches but as for food, I’ve read they like oranges it’s good for food and water, but I also read they eat cricket diet powder too?

So question I’m still waiting on acceptance or something for my roaches but as for food, I’ve read they like oranges it’s good for food and water, but I also read they eat cricket diet powder too?
What type of cricket poweder??
The roach seller usually include a piece of orange during the shipment to your house so the roaches can use it temporary.
Me personally I like my own gutload formula back then...
Here are some choice for u to use as gutloading
Veggies good for chameleons include (but are not limited to) the following:
collard greens
mustard greens
dandelion greens
escarole
endive
carrot greens
green beans
hard squashes
parsley

Fruits and veggies can be fed sparingly:
romaine
kale
carrots
honeydew
canteloupe
strawberry
grapes
apple

Iceberg lettuce and avocados should be avoided completely!
And if u can,get the organic one ,it will be even better.

What type of cricket poweder??
The roach seller usually include a piece of orange during the shipment to your house so the roaches can use it temporary.
Me personally I like my own gutload formula back then...
Here are some choice for u to use as gutloading
Veggies good for chameleons include (but are not limited to) the following:
collard greens
mustard greens
dandelion greens
escarole
endive
carrot greens
green beans
hard squashes
parsley

Fruits and veggies can be fed sparingly:
romaine
kale
carrots
honeydew
canteloupe
strawberry
grapes
apple

Iceberg lettuce and avocados should be avoided completely!
And if u can,get the organic one ,it will be even better.
I just spoke to the seller (Joe) About my shipment, he said apples and crunched up Cheerios works for him good... but as for the cricket diet it’s some jar of flukes cricket diet I got a while ago that I don’t use anymore
But thank you for this info! I’m going to use some of those greens we have a garden outside and I can use some of those too :D

Back
Top Bottom