Buying feeders in the winter.

gar732

Well I live in the northeast and its getting cold up here. I need to buy some feeders and was looking for suggestions on a good place to buy online that can ship in cold weather. Looking for crickets and dubias, thanks.

Thanks, I'll check them out. Do they ship them with a heat pack or anything? That's the problem with where I've been getting my crickets from, no heat pack and open screened sides on the box. Last time I ordered in winter they all arrived dead.

i order from mulberryfarm.com. they offer heat packs, will hold the package at the post office if you cannot be there to receive it and i talked to an actual person when i had a problem. (the post office fault, not theirs)

I would have whoever you decide to buy from hold it at the hub (and ship UPS or fedex instead of USPS.)

I always did well with Ghanns in the past. Heats packs were always used in winter.

Carl

I had used Ghann for years, but the die off rate have gotten very high, or that is how it seems to me. They did ship all winter and I get below zero a lot. However they will not take responsibility when it is very cold, but I doubt any of the shippers will.

I have shipped and so far both LLL reptile and Mulberry are doing well for me so far, and the shipping is much cheaper.

Those are just my thoughts.

I buy my cricks from Ghann's, but I keep check of the weather forcast, and wait for a relativly warm day (they do happen!) and pick that day for delivery.

I once ordered 1500 last winter, delivery day was below 30F, and I was not home, so box had to sit outside for 2 hours.
Needless to say, they were all dead!!

From now on, I check the weather, and plan to be home on the day of delivery.
Dont rely on the heat packs. When it's really cold, they dont help much.

I am having success with breeding the brown banded cricks, and have thousands of babies, but they take forever to grow up, and a rotation schedule needs to be planed so I always have the right size (easier said then done!!).

Back
Top Bottom