Buy a screen

Leon911

Hey fellas I have been keeping my male Veiled chameleon in a glass aquarium since I got him at two weeks old. Since then he has grown so fast and is now about 4-5 months old and nearly 5 times bigger. I think it's about that time to get a large screen cage and I am wondering where to buy it from.

I live in Toronto (Canada) and my local pet shop says that they can order one for me. But they are probably just gona order it from the internet and attempt to sell it to me at a larger price. Does anyone know any good stores or Canadian online places to buy a screen cage? Also what size is good for a Veiled male Chameleon?

All answers are appreciated but please be over the age of 15 if you do answer.

hey there,

the standard for a veiled male is a 2'x2'x4' screen cage

check the site sponsors here as i beleive they ship almost anywhere,

or wait until a person that lives in canada can help you find a good place to purchaseone, hope this helps

btw what is the difference of receiving info from a 15 year old?

im 16 so just wondering, if its because they are too childish to respond then , i beg to differ for the most part, if a kid is rasing a cham i think he/she is qualified to answer a common question just my opinion though:p

I agree with Ace, shipping prices might not be al that unreasonable from the US to Canada, but I could be completely wrong. However, there are a couple forum sponsors (top right corner) who I know sell supplies as well. These are good, realiable people so you don't have to worry about not getting what you ordered/expected.

Chameleon Nation is a site sponsor located in Ontario with good prices. Great looking animals as well. Cheers!

All answers are appreciated but please be over the age of 15 if you do answer.

I agree with Ace. There is a 14 yr old on here that has healthy chameleons and even hatched out a clutch from his own female when he was 13 and raised the babies to selling age and kept one baby still kickin. Then there are some older keepers who have much less a clue what they are doing. Knowledge doesn't discriminate.

I agree with Ace. There is a 14 yr old on here that has healthy chameleons and even hatched out a clutch from his own female when he was 13 and raised the babies to selling age and kept one baby still kickin.

I just think that's awesome. Seriously, made my day. :)

I think flexariums are pretty easy to come by from the average local shops. Some have access to reptibreezes too. Other than that, yeah you're probably looking at an American company shipping over. I think it was LLL I checked with and they said shipping would be $50 per cage. With the sale price thy had at the time, it still would have saved me some money over retail here, and probably better quality, but then you're kind of up in the air on whether there would be duty, taxes etc from crossing the border too? So without the sale price, might be easier to go local, Cham Nation if they have some in stock.

I would Check out LLLreptile to see if they ship over there I ordered 2 set ups and vitamins the whole 9 yards from them for a very reasonable price ~way cheaper then I would have found it at any store around here even with having to pay shipping!!!!
I believe there are a few sponsor sights that are located in Canada too!!

Good Luck!!

Just keep in mind that switching from glass to all screen is going to mean huge changes in your humidity issues. You might want to expand your purchases to include plastic trays or wraps to put on some sides. Look at humidifiers. Things like that.

Back
Top Bottom