Butter Worms

So quick question for all you awesome people- my cham LOVES butter worms. He goes absolutely nuts for them, but doest really like many other insects at all. He will eat super worms but is not really a fan of crickets. I do not know if this is because he is spoiled or what, but it is what it is. Are butter worms an ok source of nutrients as his primary food?

yup, exactly what i suspected lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. He's such a brat, he literally won't eat and throw a hunger strike cause he knows that i will give in and give him his twinkies eventually:ROFLMAO:

My Jax's crack was wax worms, now it's supers. From what I've read any worms are about as nutritious as a steady diet of hot dogs. Mine tried the whole refusing to eat ploy, but his resolve is weak. He can only last until noon or so. I think the main problem with worms as a primary feeder is the general lack of calcium and you can't really dust or gutload them. Could be wrong, I've only had Boris a few months, but I don't like to give him more than a few worms for every 6-10 crickets.

Have you tried dubia roaches?

I had a nice colony going, but sadly my veiled wouldn't touch them. I was bummed because they're very nutritious, quiet, don't smell much, and I had a huge, growing colony.

I got a panther back in July, and thankfully, he LOVES his roaches. I hope that doesn't change. He'll pretty much eat anything right now.

Also, regarding crickets, I notice the banded crickets don't stink like the regular house crickets you get at pet stores. Probably because I have ZERO die off, which is also awesome.

Superworms could actually be gut loaded quite well, hornworms could be gut loaded about 1-2 days before they are fed off (they die) silkworms as well. Worms tend to lack chitin and should be only be part of a complete buffet of bugs. In the winter I can only feed crickets, super worms, bsfl, hornworms

So quick question for all you awesome people- my cham LOVES butter worms. He goes absolutely nuts for them, but doest really like many other insects at all. He will eat super worms but is not really a fan of crickets. I do not know if this is because he is spoiled or what, but it is what it is. Are butter worms an ok source of nutrients as his primary food?

I am pretty sure I read that butter worms are high in calcium and lower in fat than most worms. phoenix great too. i would feed my cham butters if he cared for them. He used to go for them, but now its just circlets and phoenix worms at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom