burns or bruises?

Itwas

2 days ago my 4 month old veiled managed to escape his cage and was found sat amongst his lights sat on the shade of his basking light. I only use a 40w bulb and the part where he was sat is hot but you can hold it in your hand without discomfort. The only way he could have escaped is to have squeezed through a corner where the mesh wasnt fastened properly. When i put him back in his cage he seemed fine, a bit peed to have been moved but i couldnt see anything visibly wrong.

Yesterday though i noticed he has a number of small blackish marks on his knees and elbows and a small round bruise on his belly and I am wondering if anyone can tell me if they are bruises, burns or something else entirely. I have read a number of topics on here but cannot determine if they are the same.

All help greatly appreciated.

ps. he has just shed and still has a few bits left if that makes any difference.

6oo2oo.jpg

your he looks like a she to me
i would say they are burns because ive never seen a chameleon to show bruising or heard of it.
my chams have never burnt them selfs so i wouldnt no properly what a burn on a cham looks like but i would think the area that is burnt would go dark like on your chams stomach

They certainly could be bruises. I have a female veiled that will also try to get into the worst places and she always seems to have a small scrape or bruise somewhere. Unfortunately, I thought I had some photos with bruises to help you compare but it seems I don't. I think that if the texture of the skin isn't different, it's probably a bruise, especially on the joints.

when people are not sure of an anser they really shouldn't post for the sake of posting. bruising can and does happen. here is a pick of my WC quad when he first came from the importer. look at his knees, creast of back and tail, and tell me they can't get cuts, scrpes and bruises.

4834360715_090432cd75_b.jpg

4834971934_fb696009aa_b.jpg

BTW, the belly looks like a slight burn. it also my be a female. I would put a drop of neosporin on it every day for a week.

Harry

your he looks like a she to me

From this photo I am not sure why you would assume that ... you are not able to see if in fact there is or is not a tarsal spur.

But I agree they appear to be bruises to me as well. Please note I am by no means a pro

when people are not sure of an anser they really shouldn't post for the sake of posting. bruising can and does happen. here is a pick of my WC quad when he first came from the importer. look at his knees, creast of back and tail, and tell me they can't get cuts, scrpes and bruises.

4834360715_090432cd75_b.jpg

4834971934_fb696009aa_b.jpg

BTW, the belly looks like a slight burn. it also my be a female. I would put a drop of neosporin on it every day for a week.

Harry

i never said they cant get bruising nor cuts and scrapes i said i havent seen it before but people learn new things every day and this is somthing new today for me

I think it is a burn on her/his tummy. If you have access to silvadene cream put some of that on it. Even if it were a bruise the cham would not be hurt.

I think on the belly is a burn and the other marks are bruises, my cham fell once and she ended up with little bruises like that all over her. They really can't keep out of trouble for 5mins! :rolleyes:

I also agree his belly is burned. Unless you happen to have something that had a piece that size that he could have fallen on?

Bruises happen alll the time. Sometimes they take forever to go away too.

thanks for all your reply's. im pretty sure he is a he as he has some spurs on the back of his feet. The texture of the skin doesnt seem to be different, some of the marks seem to have faded slightly so im hoping they are just bruises.

You cant get silvadene, neosporin or any type of antibiotic cream over the counter in the UK so i was wondering if an anti-bacterial spray or similar would be ok to use or do you think a visit to the vet is in order?

thanks for all your reply's. im pretty sure he is a he as he has some spurs on the back of his feet. The texture of the skin doesnt seem to be different, some of the marks seem to have faded slightly so im hoping they are just bruises.

You cant get silvadene, neosporin or any type of antibiotic cream over the counter in the UK so i was wondering if an anti-bacterial spray or similar would be ok to use or do you think a visit to the vet is in order?

I would use over the counter stuff. He doesn't need a vet visit imo

I would use over the counter stuff. He doesn't need a vet visit imo

Im pretty sure i read correctly that he cant buy any antibiotic creams over the counter, so he cant use "over the counter stuff". i wouldnt bother taking him to the vets, waste of money for a small bruise or even a small burn like that 1 if thats what it is. it will heal.

did he shed recently? my male shed and the last parts to shed ended up turning black sometimes when i moved him, idk why. i tried removing that last bit but it's on his back spikes so it's a bitch and i don't want to hurt him.

that or check your owners manual for warranty information, call your dealer and let them know your cham has a few pixels burnt out

Well it looks like they may have just been bruises as the one on his belly has almost gone now and the others are turning paler. i will keep and eye on him and monitor any ongoing changes.

I'm sure he'll be fine. If they are lightening or disappearing he probably won't have any other problems. My panther had an unfortunate accident with my veiled when he escaped. Well, my veiled once again realized the panther was not a female veiled after he turned red and the veiled bit him as I found them. He still has two parallel bite bruises a month later, but they are fading. I think they both felt used! ;)

ah the old boy finds girl, boy tries humping girl, girls turns out to be a boy of a different breed, boy bites other boy out of embarrassment and sexual frustration story. weve all been there ;)

ah the old boy finds girl, boy tries humping girl, girls turns out to be a boy of a different breed, boy bites other boy out of embarrassment and sexual frustration story. Weve all been there ;)

exactly! :d

Back
Top Bottom