Burn or???

Kritter

Established Member
910BEEE7-BBDD-4228-AC07-B464B6B41187.jpeg
DD059AE7-CB66-4572-BB56-857DC2CBE07F.jpeg
So I just noticed after a nice healthy shed my little guy had a big black spot on his side. This has happened once before on his belly and was much smaller. The reason I tend to not think it was a burn was that the skin didn’t blister or seem to be painful or have a difference in texture to the touch anyway but I am not completely sure what it is or could be.... any thoughts? I am slightly worried that there is something else going on here and am getting ready to start a ton of research however I don’t have complete faith in the vets around here so wanted to start by asking here, then see what I can dig up and if I am not satisfied there will end up taking him I guess even though I think it will be a complete waste of money. Thank you in advance for any input!!!

Before anyone ask, yes I am stupid and have the light sitting on the top screen where he did have access to get up there and get burnt it’s always been there because I hadn’t took care of the issue yet and I know it’s laziness and there is no valid excuse for it.

Have you been feeding butterworms? If not, then you might have a burn there. Butterworms on occasion can cause ermananet discoloration like that. Hope this helps!

I really just wanted to make sure that it wasn’t something else that I am missing or not thinking of and had this been the only time I would’ve chalked it up as a burn but beings that it has happened once before and there was no scab or blister made me wonder what exactly it was since I would assume if it was a burn I should see a scab or blister correct?

I really just wanted to make sure that it wasn’t something else that I am missing or not thinking of and had this been the only time I would’ve chalked it up as a burn but beings that it has happened once before and there was no scab or blister made me wonder what exactly it was since I would assume if it was a burn I should see a scab or blister correct?
Not at first necessarily, depending on the burn severity. I have heard of internal bleeding or bruising from a fall causing it but never seen it.

Back
Top Bottom